PhD in Leadership and Change with a Healthcare Concentration
Earn your healthcare administration degree
Healthcare professionals seeking a healthcare administration degree will engage in meaningful study and apply their research to their own practice with our Healthcare concentration in the PhD in Leadership and Change program. Our program focuses on understanding, researching and leading change in organizations, workplaces, and the professions involved in the healthcare field. Students in the healthcare concentration of the PhD in Leadership and Change program bring the lens of leadership and change to such topics as relationship-centered care, community access, education and advocacy, socially responsible and ethical decision making, and values-based change strategies in environments of high complexity.
The PhDLC for Healthcare:
- Integrates the expertise of students and their professional experiences into the ongoing curriculum modeling the contributions of practitioner-scholars.
- Offers an integrated curriculum in which healthcare-focused students move seamlessly between three face-to-face residencies annually and weekly virtual activities, some of which are peer team-based learning and others which are individualized and self-paced.
- Holds an international residency to examine and learn from healthcare delivery systems in other countries.
- Takes to heart that “evidence-based” is grounded in both quantitative and qualitative ways of knowing and emphasizes research approaches that are both traditionally accepted and those that are challenging to the healthcare field.
- Highlights the theories, research and practices of leading change rather than the management of human and financial resources that is prevalent within traditional doctorates in healthcare administration.
Explore more about the Healthcare concentration:
Antioch University has had continuous accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission since 1927. Antioch University is authorized for operation in the state by the Ohio Board of Regents.
230 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60604-1413