Grants and Foundation Relations
The Antioch University Office of Grants and Foundation Relations is responsible for coordinating grant proposal activity for the entire university. Grants and Foundation Relations staff can provide the resources to help you with obtaining outside funding for your program or project.
Support for Grantseekers
The office’s primary efforts are focused on specific programs and projects identified by the chancellor and campus presidents. For all other programs and projects, the office can provide varying levels of support, based on:
- Whether the project aligns with university focus areas
- Whether the project is multi- or single-campus
- Amount requested from the funder
- Amount of the project’s entire budget
Grants and Foundation Relations can provide support to help you:
- Identify and contact funders
- Develop your proposal and budget
- Complete all necessary forms for the University and the funding agency
- Obtain internal approvals for your project and proposal
- Submit your proposal
Feel free to contact the Grants and Foundation Relations Office talk about your project and how we can help locate funding for it.
Grants and Foundation Relations Process and Procedures
These PowerPoint presentations provide information about the process and procedures for developing, reviewing and submitting proposals and for grant stewardship.
The university subscribes to SPIN, which compiles information on funding programs from the Federal Register and other sources. It can be accessed from on- or off-campus:
- Access SPIN from any on-campus computer: click on “SPIN” at the top of the page
- Access SPIN from any off-campus computer: use your university login and password.
This service allows you to specify search terms and have an email of results sent to you daily.
- Access GENIUS Search from any computer: click on “GENIUS” at the top of the page, then click on the link to “create a new profile.”
Foundation Directory Online
- The Foundation Directory Online offers a free foundation search component that provides a wealth of information about foundations.
Developing Your Proposal
The Grants and Foundation Relations Office has forms and templates to help develop proposals and budgets.
- If you have an idea for a project, the Project Description Form can help you flesh out an idea as well as provide information to Grants and Foundation Relations to help determine next steps. Just fill out the form and send it to Lisa Farese at firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone will contact you about the project and talk about next steps.
- The Budget Template can help you develop a complete budget for your project.
- The AU Fact Sheet provides information about Antioch University as well as campus-specific information.
Online Resources for Developing Your Proposal and Budget
- The Foundation Center’s free, online short course in proposal writing provides the basics to get you started.
- The Foundation Center’s free, online short course on budgeting basics helps you begin building your budget
Submitting Your Proposal
All proposals must be approved by the chancellor or your campus president. The Grants and Foundation Relations Office can help you complete the Proposal Approval Form and determine what signatures are needed prior to submission.
See the Grants and Foundation Relations calendar for workshops to help faculty and staff develop their skills in locating funders, writing proposals and constructing budgets.
See the Grants and Foundation Relations Newsletter for grants received, proposals submitted, funder programs and deadlines, proposal writing tips and highlights about current grant-funded projects.
Lisa Farese, Interim Director of Grants and Foundation Relations
Links to online resources, guidelines and forms:
Grant seeking resources:
Foundation Directory Online Free
University Proposal Approval Form – Letters of Inquiry
University Proposal Approval Form – Foundations
University Proposal Approval Form – Government Agencies
Grants and Foundation Relations Calendar – coming soon
Grants and Foundation Relations Newsletter – coming soon
Proposal Development Resources:
- Foundation Center Proposal Writing Short Course
- Foundation Center Budget Short Course