Virtual Writing Center
- Writing Resources
- Write the Power
- Video Library
- Live Virtual Consultants
- Submit Your Writing
- Writer’s Toolbox
Student Praise for the VWC
Since 2011, the Virtual Writing Center has provided support for student writing in a convenient online format. Here are a few comments that Antioch students shared about their experiences with the VWC:
- The tutor’s review and suggestions were excellent. My questions were answered satisfactorily and minor flaws in the paper were brought to my attention.
- The feedback was quick, clear, and well received. Thank you!
- The notes given to me were extremely helpful. I use the writing lab frequently. The lab always helps me not only improve my paper, but teaches me skills that I can continue to use for improving my writing.
- This is my first time using the VWC and I wasn’t sure how it worked. The instructions were very explicit and easy to follow. I was surprised at the quick and thorough response.
- Your help was invaluable and helped me make the paper clearer and more precise. Thanks.
New & Noteworthy
SUBMISSION INCREASE (3/10/15): We are currently experiencing an increase in submissions and will do our best to respond within 48 hours. To be fair to all students, if you have submitted more than one paper for review, our procedure will be to respond to the first one and to return to the other paper(s) once our queue has decreased.
CONSULTANT SPOTLIGHT: Jessica is spending the semester in Guadalajara, Mexico, finishing her manuscript for the MFA program through the Los Angels campus. Her novel takes place in Mexico, 1968, at the height of student unrest. She loves that she can work with Antioch students on their writing while focusing on her own, from anywhere!
CAMPUS-SPECIFIC LOGINS: The VWC has recently changed our eTutoring login screens to specify the actual campus in which you are enrolled.Visit the eTutoring homepage and select your campus from among the Antioch Consortium.
ANTIOCH UNIVERSITY CONNECTED: The VWC proudly supports students in our online programs at Antioch University Connected. Click here to read a personal message from our director, Dr. Anne Maxham.
WRITER’S TOOLKIT: The VWC now has a biweekly newsletter to discuss all things writing. To subscribe, enter your email address in the field to the left. Click here to read a sample.
VWC BLOG: Be sure to check out the VWC’s new blog, Write the Power.
NEW TUTORS: We’d like to welcome Lauren Weisberg and Sarah Wallace-Smith to our team of graduate writing consultants. To learn more about them, visit the About Us page.