Our Master of Arts in Education and Masters in Education degree programs with Teaching Credentials will prepare you to lead the field of education and meet the challenges inside America’s classrooms. Learn to meet the needs of all kinds of learners and foster an educational atmosphere of mutual respect, individualized attention, and social awareness. Your classroom will be as diverse as the cities in which your students live, so we prepare educators to become an active voice in education reform and teach students with diverse backgrounds, becoming conduits for student success within their school.
Explore Degree Programs
- MA in Education with M/M Education Specialist Credential
- Master of Education (MEd) with Multiple Subject Credential
These degrees are offered by AU Santa Barbara.
Students say that our programs are rigorous! But they also say that Antioch’s emphasis on intellectual development, ecological literacy, diversity and how to create caring inclusive learning communities well prepares them for their real-world teaching careers. Our graduates are highly sought after for employment and become active participants in their schools and communities.
- Official transcript from a regionally-accredited college or university indicating Bachelor’s degree conferral
- Two letters of recommendation
- CBEST test scores, or proof of registration for the CSET Writing Skills exam (for credential programs only)
- CSET: Multiple Subjects exam, proof of registration or scores (for credential programs only)
- Admission essay
In 4-6 pages, please respond to the following questions. Question #10 is only required if your undergraduate GPA is below 2.8. Please use the following format guidelines: 12-point type, double-spaced, 1″ margins, top right header on every page (in all capital letters): first and last name, Teaching Credential, page number.
- What factors led you to undertake this education program at this time and how will the degree impact your professional goals?
- Describe your leadership skills and how they are used in the classroom, school, community, and/or other life situations.
- What reforms do you see needed in education today, and what visions do you have for achieving necessary changes?
- Describe a difficult situation you have had related to education or schools. Evaluate your handling of the situation, revealing any personal characteristics that enabled you to be an effective part of a solution.
- Describe any community action or organizing that you have been involved in, and how it impacts your perceptions of yourself as an educator.
- What experiences have you had that prepare you to work as an educator with people who differ from yourself?
- Please comment on your experience or interests in working toward or organizing for social change.
- Please describe in some detail your experiences in working and/or being with children. What were your roles, responsibilities? Who were the children? For applicants to the mild/moderate disabilities credential, please specifically highlight experiences with children with disabilities.
- What is your motivation to become a teacher/special education teacher?
- If your Bachelor’s degree cumulative GPA is below a 2.8: Discuss the factors that contributed to your current GPA and how, specifically, you will mitigate those factors to be successful in graduate-level coursework at AUSB.
|Per Quarter Unit||$664|
|6 - 9 Quarter Units||$3,987|
|10 - 15 Quarter Units||$6,648|
Please note: Additional fees for all AUSB programs may include (but are not necessarily limited to) charges for materials, late registration, enrollment maintenance, parking, graduation, transcripts, tuition payment plan, late payments, late registration, and returned checks.
A majority of AUSB students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public, and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants – are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AUSB.
There are no upcoming events at this time.