Antioch University Online’s bachelor’s in applied technology and business leadership degree blends academic course work with your professional experiences with the goal of enhancing your career. You’ll develop a broadened outlook to support your ongoing development as a well-rounded professional.
The online format of this program offers you the flexibility to complete coursework when and where it is most convenient for you. You can maintain your job commitments and still enhance your skills as an expert and leader in your field.
The applied technology and business leadership program curriculum includes the Interdisciplinary Core, a distinguishing factor of Antioch University Online, that sets Antioch apart from other universities. Through these core courses, you will learn to take your own experiences and relate them to the greater human experience by studying society, culture, literature, and leadership.
This interdisciplinary program shows you how to:
- Use managerial techniques and think critically to address problems and find solutions.
- Cultivate interpersonal skills for effective leadership.
- Act and plan with ethics, social responsibility, values, and integrity.
- Gain an overview of basic business functions such as budgeting, marketing, and accounting.
The bachelor of applied technology and business leadership is an affordable and flexible way to get credit for your technical education and earn a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited and respected non-profit university. Transfer your associate degree in a technical field to complete your bachelor’s degree and broaden your skills.
This degree is offered by AU Online.
The length of time it will take a student to complete a degree depends upon (1) the number of credits transferred into the program and (2) the number of credit hours taken each term. By applying credit from previous undergraduate work, you can finish this program in less than two years.
The Bachelor of Science in Applied Studies is a bachelor’s completion program and is designed for individuals with an associate’s degree in a technical or professional field. You can transfer up to 75 credits from your associate’s degree.
Interdisciplinary Core Courses:
- Experience and Expression
- Modes and Methods of Learning
- Literary Analysis and Argumentation
- Culture, Conflict, and Social Research
- Foundations of Civilization
- Ecology, Technology, and Society
Applied Studies Requirements:
- Professional Core Curriculum (choose 3):
- Social Media and Social Change
- Project Management Essentials
- Ethical Issues in Management
- Thinking in Systems
- Professional Seminars
- Business Communications
- Intercultural Conflict
- Justice and Equity
- Applied Learning/Prior Experiential Learning
- Applied Learning Field Work
- Senior Project
The leadership and management skills you gain can help you with many managerial or supervisory opportunities. You might use them to:
- Oversee a production line.
- Manage a team of employees.
- Managing budgets for a company or department.
You may also use these skills in marketing and leadership techniques to start your own business or work as a consultant. The management expertise you will develop is adaptable to your own professional choices, and will serve you throughout the rest of your career.
The learning outcomes from this degree are applicable across a wide range of technical areas, including jobs in:
- Medical technology
- Computer science
- Web development
- Automotive services
Antioch’s requirements for candidates to the bachelor completion programs include:
- At least 24 semester credits of transferable undergraduate work completed from a regionally accredited college or university
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation (if requested)
- Completion of an admissions interview with a faculty member (if requested)
Students in this program participate in online learning activities organized within small- and large-group learning communities. Antioch University Online is a 100% online learning environment, and therefore, in addition to having the traditional learning skills, students are expected to have basic technological skills, compatible computer hardware, operating system, and internet connectivity upon entrance into the program.
This program is offered at an affordable rate of just $350 per credit hour, making the program a value that few institutions of Antioch’s caliber can match. The total cost to complete a bachelor’s degree at Antioch University Online varies based on a number of factors including area of concentration, credit received for prior life and work experiences, and the credits that would transfer into your BS degree completion program.
You can transfer up to 75 credits from an associate’s degree in a technical field into the program. With a cost per credit of $350, your total tuition for a degree can be less than $20,000.
Several financial aid options are also available to help you earn your degree. Federal and state grants and federal loans may be available for Antioch students who qualify.