Antioch University’s online Bachelor of Arts in Management degree is an affordable program that provides a knowledgeable foundation to understand and lead change in a shifting, globally oriented world.
You will examine management situations from a systemic perspective and address human, organizational, and community issues; enhance leadership skills; and explore how to diagnose problems and intervene effectively with both individual and group situations. You will also learn how to increase productivity and how to effectively engage the workforce in making important management decisions.
This fully online management degree completion program accelerates your progress toward graduation by applying transfer credits from earlier college-level work. Our online platform gives you the flexibility to work on your degree when and where it is most convenient for you, allowing you to maintain your current personal and professional commitments while preparing for your career advancement.
Students pursuing a BA in Management may select an area of focus.
- Healthcare Administration: This focus is designed to prepare students for management and leadership roles in the healthcare field. Students will apply business and management practices to relevant economic, political, and ethical issues in American healthcare. They will also gain crucial experience and make professional contacts through applied learning experience in regional healthcare businesses. Healthcare is a growing field and this degree prepares students to grow with it.
- Data Analytics: This focus provides management students the background and skills to apply data analytic techniques and tools to ethical decision-making. It bridges the world of management and technology to advance an organization’s goals and mission.
Project Management: Our online program also incorporates studies in the growing field of project management, an area of expertise many organizations value and rely on for smooth operation. Build these skills through our robust selection of electives in areas such as project management cost and scheduling, quality management, and risk management.
The length of time it will take a student to complete a degree depends upon (1) the number of credits transferred into the program and (2) the number of credit hours taken each term. By applying credit from previous undergraduate work, you can finish this program in less than two years.
Requirements for a Bachelor of Arts degree through Antioch University Online include a minimum of 120 semester credit hours. A minimum of 45 semester credits must be completed with Antioch University. All majors contain both Interdisciplinary Core and Major Requirements.
Interdisciplinary Core Courses:
- Experience and Expression
- Modes and Methods of Learning
- Literary Analysis and Argumentation
- Culture, Conflict, and Social Research
- Foundations of Civilization
- Ecology, Technology, and Society
Management Professional Core Course Requirements:
- Accounting and Budgeting
- Business Law
- Economics (Micro and Macro)*
- Strategic Marketing
- Ethical Issues in Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Senior Project
*NOTE: Students who pursue the Healthcare Administration area of focus should complete HWL-4000 Economics, Politics, and Access in Healthcare
Select one Area of Focus:
- Business Systems Analysis
- Database Management and Data Warehousing
- Foundations of Analytics
- Advanced Analytics
- Fundamentals of Healthcare Administration
- Experiential Learning in Healthcare Administration
- Economics, Politics, and Access in Healthcare
- Gender and Multicultural Issues in Healthcare
- Project Management Essentials
- Quality Management
- Contracting and Purchasing
- Human Resource Management
Our program builds on your experience, teaching immediately-applicable skills for a wide variety of business functions, including
- Human resources
- General management
- Project management
Possible careers include:
- Human Resources Specialist
- Human Resources Manager
- Production Manager
- Operations Manager
- Sales Manager
- Project Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Specialist
Take advantage of a program that focuses on the high growth field of project management. The demand for project management professionals is expected to grow more than 12 percent between 2010 and 2020 (resulting in almost 6.2 million jobs)1 as organizations increasingly turn to project-based processes to manage operations. Expertise in this area will not just be valuable, but essential in the coming years.
As a graduate of Antioch’s management degree completion program, you will exhibit the wide range of professional competencies for skillful management, including
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- An understanding of multicultural diversity in the business environment
- The ability to develop strategies to cope with rapid change
- An awareness of the need for ethics and values at the core of business management
- An awareness of the social, political, and economic issues that affect the future of business management
- Competence in traditional management areas of accounting, finance, marketing, economic, and production
Antioch’s requirements for candidates to the bachelor completion programs include:
- At least 24 semester credits of transferable undergraduate work completed from a regionally accredited college or university
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation (if requested)
- Completion of an admissions interview with a faculty member (if requested)
Students in this program participate in online learning activities organized within small- and large-group learning communities. Antioch University Online is a 100% online learning environment, and therefore, in addition to having the traditional learning skills, students are expected to have basic technological skills, compatible computer hardware, operating system, and internet connectivity upon entrance into the program.
At just $350 per credit, our bachelor’s completion programs offer a value that few universities of our caliber can match. By taking advantage of our generous transfer policy, you can complete your undergraduate degree for less than $20,000.
Several financial aid options are also available to help you earn your degree. Federal and state grants and federal loans may be available for Antioch students who qualify.