Felice Nudelman Featured in White Paper on Future of Higher Education
Felice Nudelman, MFA, Antioch University’s Chief Global Officer, Innovation and Partnerships, was featured in a white paper on the future of higher education. In the paper, produced by Blackboard Inc., a leading education technology company for teaching, learning and student engagement, Nudelman reflected on the possibilities and challenges of the next 20 years in education technology.
“This is the time to be in higher education because there’s opportunity to think differently and that’s where it gets exciting,” said Nudelman
Based on in-depth interviews with Nudelman along with 12 other higher education thought leaders, the white paper “Future Forward: The Next Twenty Years of Higher Education” was released in conjunction with Blackboard’s 20th anniversary. To compile this new resource, Blackboard asked U.S. higher education leaders to share their insights into what the higher education institution of the future will look like; how other industries will influence higher education; how technology will enable change in the way learning is delivered and assessed; and a variety of other topics.
The following key themes emerged from the interviews and are detailed in the white paper:
- The current higher education system is unsustainable and ill-suited for a globally connected world that is constantly changing.
- Colleges and universities will have to change their current business model to continue to thrive, boost revenue and drive enrollment.
- New technologies will allow faculty to shift their focus to the application of learning rather than the acquisition of knowledge.
- Data and the ability to transform that data into action will be the new lifeblood of the institution.
- The heart and soul of any institution are its people. Adopting new technologies is only a small piece of the puzzle; institutions must also work with faculty and staff to change institutional culture.
To view the white paper in full, visit www.blackboard.com/future-forward.