10 Ways You Can Help The Earth From Home
Today is the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day.
While COVID-19 has impacted many cleanup activities and gatherings, there are many things that you can do to help the environment while you are social distancing. The Huffington Post has a list of 50 ways to celebrate Earth Day during coronavirus, including:
- Sign up for emails from environmental organizations: 350.org, National Resource Defense Council, The Nature Conservancy and The Sierra Club are all great places to start
- Cook plant-based meals
- Create a home recycling system
- Take a shorter shower than usual ― and commit to doing this more often!
- Watch nature documentaries with your family – check out “Planet Earth,” “March of the Penguins” and “Our Planet”
- Unplug electronics when they aren’t in use
- Order from local and/or plant-based restaurants
- Follow eco-conscious social media accounts
- Switch to paperless bank statements and other bills
- Post what you’re doing to support the environment on #earthday on social media; encourage people your networks to take similar steps
Antioch University’s Conservation Psychology Institute offers free webinars on environmental engagement, conservation communications, and more. Check out recording and future events here
Check out the full list of ways to celebrate Earth Day amid coronavirus at Huffington Post.