- This event has passed.
Dance/Movement Therapy: Theory and Practice | August 1 – 5, 2020
August 1, 2020 @ 9:00 am - August 5, 2020 @ 4:00 pm EDT
Intended for those wishing to explore the field of dance/movement therapy (DMT) as a possible career and for those furthering their professional development, this course will introduce the student to the evolution of dance/movement therapy theory from its historical roots through current and progressive perspectives. DMT core and adjunct faculty at Antioch University New England will introduce a variety of approaches used in dance/movement therapy.
Location: The dance studio on the campus of Antioch University New England
Date/Time: 5 days, from Saturday, August 1 to Wednesday, August 5, 2020.
- Morning Session 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Afternoon Session 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Chevon Stewart BC-DMT, LCSW, core faculty and low-residency Dance/Movement Therapy Certificate Coordinator at Antioch University New England.
- Tomoyo Kawano, PhD, BC-DMT, NCC, LCAT, Program Director and Assistant Professor in the Dance/Movement Therapy program at Antioch University New England.
- Kim Burden, MA, LCMHC, LCAT, BC-DMT, RDT/BCT, CP, Adjunct Professor at Antioch University New England
- Danielle Fitzpatrick, MA, BC-DMT, Adjunct faculty member at Antioch University New England and alumna of the Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling Program.
- Alice Thayer Scudder, MFA, MA, BC-DMT, NCC, Adjunct faculty at Antioch University New England and senior counselor at Phoenix House, Keene, NH.