- This event has passed.
Symposium on Latinx Mental Health: June 10
June 10, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm PDTfree
Symposium on Latinx Mental Health, Education, and Community Engagement
Antioch University Santa Barbara presents a 5-event symposium that explores research, expertise, and cultural competence to reduce disparities in education and mental health service delivery in Latinx communities. Faculty and practitioner-scholars from our Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology program will share their research and expertise in matters related to the intersection of Latinx/mental health, the pedagogy of Latinx children, and community engagement.
Dates & Times
Symposia are held on January 14, February 25, March 18, April 22, and June 10, 2017, from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM on each date. The symposium is a series of five events that may be attended individually; attendance at all five is not required.
Program for Saturday, June 10:
- Clinical Challenges: When a Latinx Psychologist Treats a Latinx in Psychotherapy – Salvador Trevi̱o, PhD
- Culture and Corrections: An Exploration of How Cultural Traditions Inform Clinical Work with the Incarcerated Population – Caryn Whitacre, Doctoral Candidate
- Communication in Bilingual Families: When Language Divides – Emily Maynard, PhD
- Pedagogical Challenges: When Asian American Meets Latinx American – Anna Kwong, AUSB MBA Chair
- Download the event program for June 10 (pdf)