Conduct meaningful research to improve leadership and support positive change.
The PhD in Leadership and Change is dedicated to engaging working professionals in the interdisciplinary study, research and practice of leading positive change in workplaces, schools and communities locally and globally.The program is designed to support socially conscious leaders and change agents who are passionate about inquiring into the complex and thorny challenges of our times.
The PhD in Leadership and Change prepares students in the art and science of leading change from both practice-based and theory-based perspectives. The interdisciplinary curriculum draws from many disciplines including psychology, education, management, social science, the humanities and more. This is a unique outcomes-based, hybrid-designed program in which students attend face-to-face residencies, study virtually with a peer learning community of diverse cross-sector professionals from around the world, and make progress through the program by completing a set of sequentially designed assignments that demonstrate the acquisition of knowledge and skills necessary to design and complete original research that has implications to improve practice. Students study with a team of internationally recognized full-time senior-level doctoral faculty.
At the heart of study is the student’s own practice in professional life. The program enables learners to continuously reflect on and integrate their real-world experience with scholarship and methods of inquiry. The emphasis focuses on the student learner as the initiator of the learning process and the faculty member as the mentor-collaborator in facilitating the student’s growth as a scholar-practitioner. Other benefits of this program:
- Work full-time, live anywhere, and earn your PhD
- Enjoy a flexible, low residency program that meets only three times a year
- Be part of a collaborative and diverse peer cohort community
- Study an innovative interdisciplinary curriculum that supports individualized learning and research
- Learn with internationally recognized faculty who care about student learning and love what they do
- Benefit from high touch and personalized library and writing support
- Design and conduct research that will have implications to improve practice.
Visit us on campus or attend a virtual webinar
SIGN UP FOR AN INFO SESSION