Adjunct Faculty Positions, Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program
Website Antioch University Seattle
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
AUS seeks to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill future adjunct faculty opportunities within the CMHC Program.
Antioch University Seattle’s Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) Program is seeking to establish an applicant pool for future adjunct faculty opportunities within the Program. Adjunct faculty are hired to teach scheduled courses during a specified academic term in a manner prescribed by the university. Adjunct faculty positions are part-time, and not eligible for benefits through the University. Adjunct faculty are within the bargaining unit represented by SEIU 925.
The MA Degree in Counseling at Antioch University Seattle offers the structure and training students need to understand and work with others as a professional mental health counselor. Intentional, dynamic integration of theory and practice is a hallmark of an Antioch education, as is our emphasis on multicultural counseling, ethical practice, and social responsibility. Within the MA Degree, we also offer prospective students the opportunity to specialize in one of three cutting edge fields: Art Therapy, Drama Therapy and Play Therapy. Our graduates meet the educational requirements for Washington State licensure in Mental Health Counseling, as well as the national standards of the counseling profession. Antioch is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Our Clinical Mental Health Counseling specialization is accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). Our Art Therapy specializations are approved by the American Art Therapy Association (AATA).
- Two (plus) years of experience working in the counseling profession
- Masters Degree in Counseling (or related field)
- Licensed in the State of Washington as Mental Health Professional (LMHC, LMFT, LP)
- Evidence of active membership/participation in counseling & professional organizations (e.g. ACA, ACES, AMHCA, WACES, WMHCA)
- Two (plus) years teaching experience in higher education
- PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision from a CACREP accredited institution.
- Expertise in counseling diverse populations
- Experience in supervision of counseling students, interns, and/or LMHCAs.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit to the campus a current resume/CV via one of the following methods:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Fax: 206-441-3307; please include a cover sheet, and direct fax to CMHC Adjunct Faculty Applicant Pool c/o Human Resources;
- Mail: CMHC Adjunct Faculty Candidate Pool c/o Human Resources, 2326 6th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121
Antioch University Seattle is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, and veteran status.
Location: Seattle campus
Department: School of Applied Psychology, Counseling, and Family Therapy
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com