Admission Specialist- Full-time
Antioch University is seeking a service oriented, social, caring team member to join our new Communication Center team to provide responsive, informative service to prospective students interested in admission into Antioch University degree and certificate programs. Under the direction of the Communication Center Manager, and in collaboration with our national team of Admissions Counselors, the Admissions Specialist will support, inform and guide prospective students through their initial steps in the enrollment process.
Responsibilities are primarily phone and online chat based communications with prospective students interested in our broad portfolio of programs offered across Antioch University campuses in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Seattle, Keene (NH) and Online.
Essential Job Functions
- Admissions Specialist Duties 90%
- Handle incoming phone calls from prospective students seeking to learn about Antioch University programs in order to engage in conversations to provide an informative first step in their admissions experience
- Make outgoing phone calls to prospective students who have requested information about Antioch University programs in order to engage in conversations to provide an informative first step in their admissions experience
- Engage in online chat conversations with prospective students to provide basic answers to questions and coordinate next steps in the admissions process
- Provide prospective students and applicants with general information about Antioch University and the specific programs they are interested in learning about
- Document prospective student interests, needs, goals concerns, and questions into the University’s CRM system
- Assist with the promotion of University events including Admissions Counselor appointments, Open Houses, and Informational Webinars
- Schedule meetings between prospective students and Admissions Counselors or program faculty
- Complete frequent training to become proficient in Antioch University admissions policies and develop a thorough understanding of the Antioch University student experience
- Miscellaneous 10%
- Participate on university-wide committees as requested and engage others in enrollment initiatives
- Work in collaboration and cooperation with leadership and academic divisions on campus
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not mandatory – equivalent experience will be considered
- Familiarity with CRM technology and tools (Salesforce/TargetX experience strongly preferred)
- Experience in service oriented communication center environment is preferred
- Experience working in a post-traditional or graduate learner focused admissions role preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience administrative computing and document imaging systems, preferably TargetX and Salesforce
- Knowledge of admissions policies and procedures
- Strong computer skills and knowledge required to utilize computer generated reports and maintain related databases. Ability to learn new computer applications and administrative software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to use tact and diplomacy
- Excellent commitment to teamwork and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage people through conversation to clearly communicate program/product information and effectively convey the value of the offering
- Ability to effectively learn the details related to a variety of academic offerings and experiences in order to confidently educate and inform those you engage with
- Ability to work entire days from a computer and phone station
- Ability to bring an authentic, vibrant and caring personality into each conversation you engage in
- Ability to remain patient and positive while interacting with a wide range of people from a diverse set of backgrounds
- Ability to prioritize duties when faced with interruptions, distractions and fluctuating workload and completing assignments in a timely manner
Hours of Employment
This is a full-time position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. The typical work week is Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
Office location TBD; position may be located at a campus or remote.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified applicant must submit a cover-letter, resume/CV and three references. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.