Admissions Counselor I
Location: Keene, NHCLICK HERE TO APPLY
Antioch University New England
The Admissions Counselor is the first point of contact and first impression prospective students will have of Antioch University. It is the Admissions Counselor’s responsibility to accurately assess and educate prospective students on our university, and its requirements. The Admissions Counselor will assist students with the admission and enrollment processes through matriculation.
Admissions Counselors will take incoming calls, make outgoing calls, sent text messages and emails to/from prospective and reentering students. This position plays a vital role in advising and assisting students to help with the pursuance of their educational goals. This person needs to have a desire to help make a difference in people’s lives.
This is an entry-level position. The primary responsibility of the Admissions Counselor is to learn and master the fundamental skills required within the Admissions Department. The counselor is required to complete all necessary training as well as demonstrate a clear understanding of their role within the department and university.
Essential Job Functions
- Admissions Counselor Duties- 90%
- Setting up one on one enrollment appointments via phone outreach with prospective students
- Cultivate prospective student relationships using phone and email correspondence
- Conduct detailed pre-admission counseling for prospective graduate and undergraduate students
- Conduct face-to-face, telephone enrollment appointments and e-mail correspondence to identify adult student prospects to determine their educational needs, concerns and interests while promoting the benefits of higher education with prospective students
- Provide superior customer service when interacting with prospective students on the phone, in writing, by email and/or in person
- Communicates effectively when working with prospective, future and current students while avoiding misrepresentation at all times
- Document all activity in the database management system in a timely and accurate manner
- Use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to prioritize and manage daily workflow
- Conduct campus tours
- Elect to participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: campus tours open houses, info sessions, transfer, fairs, graduate fairs, tabling events, etc.
- Secure new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered
- Meet admissions department daily, weekly, and quarterly productivity goals, i.e. phone calls, e-mails, applications, interviews, etc.
- Perform preliminary evaluation of unofficial transcripts
- Oversee submission of completed application files to Program Chairs and Director , University Campus Admissions for admission decisions
- Understand and execute on key performance indicators in order to meet business objectives
- Miscellaneous- 10%
- Participate on university-wide committees as requested and engage others in enrollment initiatives
- Work in collaboration and cooperation with leadership and academic divisions on campus
- Performs other duties as assigned
Measures of Success
- The Admissions Counselor will be measured based on managing multiple complex responsibilities and initiatives in parallel to achieving results on time.
- Commitment and Service – The commitment to be available for prospective students and provide them with best-in-class service. This includes responsiveness to student questions, consistent work attendance and punctuality, and accessibility to student needs. Additionally, Counselors must be thorough in their follow-up with prospective students and in response to assigned tasks and duties.
- Team Work – An integral part of the University and assists their peers and their supervisor in any areas, either proactively, or upon request. Teamwork is absolutely essential to ensure the high quality of service to our students.
- Product Knowledge – The Counselor will be expected to have a deep understanding of the University academic curriculum, program offerings, and understanding of the industry demands.
- Technical Acumen – The Counselor will have access to leading-edge customer management software applications and need to demonstrate fluency in utilizing these applications. Counselors should embrace the opportunity to leverage cutting-edge technologies as well as propose solutions for how we can constantly improve our processes.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 1 year of experience in higher education, sales, or marketing preferred
- Competency using desktop software including Microsoft Office Suite and standard office equipment; Datatel Colleague and Salesforce experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This position requires the knowledge, skills, and ability to:
- Knowledge of University processes and procedures and the ability to interpret and apply University policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to admissions, graduation, transfer and enrollment
- Knowledge of CRM and how to maintain accurate, organized records, files and filing systems.
- Compose correspondence, informational materials, etc., using correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and composition, text editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to express verbally one‘s position, plan of action, evaluation, or interpretations in a professional, concise and courteous manner.
- Use standard and specialized office computer technology, including email, databases, web-based applications and proficiency in Excel and Word
- Ability to balance multiple, often conflicting, priorities with deadline constraints and numerous interruptions.
- Ability to successfully follow multiple tasks through to completion
- Proficiency in application of practices and processes for enrollment policies and practices
- Ability to exercise independent initiative and sound judgement within general guidelines, with the acumen and sensitivity to identify those decisions and activities which require higher level approval, consultation, and/or group collaboration
- Friendly and authentic with capabilities to go above and beyond for individuals
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse population. Ability to interact with tact, patience and diplomacy in a variety of situations
Hours of Employment
This is a full-time position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. The typical workweek is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
Office most likely to be housed at Antioch University in Keene, NH
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified applicants must submit a cover-letter, resume/CV and three business reference at the time of application. To apply, click on the link: Admissions Counselor I- NE
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.
To apply for this job please visit ats.applicantone.com.