Antioch University Campus Director
Website Antioch University Santa Barbara campus
The AUSB Campus Director has two principal responsibilities. First, he/she is the senior administrative individual on the Santa Barbara campus, providing leadership and support for all aspects of AUSB activities and operations. Second, the Campus Director is the primary link to the wider Santa Barbara community, working with all manner of community leaders and organizations to maximize AUSB’s community connections. The Campus Director reports directly to the Antioch Southern California Provost. Together, these individuals are responsible for the full range of Antioch activities in Santa Barbara and for linking the Santa Barbara and Los Angeles operations in efficient and effective manners, while also protecting and promoting the specific strengths and priorities of both locations. The Campus Director serves as a member of the SC Provost’s leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Student and Academic Support Services
- Work closely with the Southern California Provost, plus the Associate Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs to develop high quality integrated student service and promote student success.
- Work closely with SC Provost and academic program leaders to ensure the best possible support of faculty in Santa Barbara and other locations and units as necessary.
- Oversee all administrative staff located in Santa Barbara. Evaluate, support and enhance administrative services in support of students and faculty.
- Support and collaborate with HR to ensure accuracy and timely production of staff contracts and successful implementation of HR functions in Santa Barbara.
Community Outreach and Engagement
- Represent AUSB in community meetings, events and other activities; Develop and expand relationships with community leaders, organizations and groups to promote campus visibility in the greater Santa Barbara community.
- Build specific ties and relationships with community institutions to increase the quality and quantity of student enrollments.
- Support faculty and the VCEM in developing marketing and outreach strategies in the Santa Barbara community.
- Work with the Associate Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and Extension Sites to provide advice and support regarding expansion activities in Santa Barbara or involving Santa Barbara-based faculty working elsewhere.
- Work with University leadership to support specific fundraising efforts in the Santa Barbara region.
Campus Operations and Management
- Manage budgets, grant awards, business and financial services at the Santa Barbara location in consultation with the SC Provost.
- Oversee reception desk including staffing, hiring, training.
- Act as primary campus liaison with property management, sub-lessees, and all university vendors.
- Oversee facility operations, building maintenance and all support logistics.
- Manage campus safety and security including employee parking, Clery Act reporting, emergency response and evacuation protocols, safety drills, annual CPR and first aid training, liaison with local law enforcement and city departments as needed.
- Manage classroom and external community space rentals, host art exhibitions, develop downtown First Thursday events.
- Coordinate planning and execution of annual commencement ceremonies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- A minimum of seven years’ senior level administrative responsibilities with experience relevant to the Campus Director role; experience in an academic institution or non-profit organization preferred.
- Demonstrated deep ties with and understanding of the Santa Barbara community.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple and complex tasks under time pressured situations
- Extensive experience supervising subordinates
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with co-workers in achieving objectives and problem solve as part of a team.
Hours of Employment
This is a full-time position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the Provost. May require extra hours and weekends during peak work periods. This position will require travel between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara campuses to attend events, meet with organizations and community leaders in those regions.
Office to be housed at Antioch University in Santa Barbara, CA.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and three business references to firstname.lastname@example.org and put AUSB CAMPUS DIRECTOR in the subject line.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com