Associate Vice Chancellor / Strategic Partnerships and Extension Sites
The Associate Vice Chancellor is responsible for developing local, regional and national partnerships with employer organizations within the industries, constituents and communities our programs serve and for achieving the assigned fiscal year enrollment and revenue target and related margin. The incumbent will have primary oversight of the off-campus operations, budget, and strategic enrollment management pertaining to the university’s partnership programming and extension sites. The Associate Vice Chancellor will work collaboratively across all divisions, providing both leadership and support to the Chancellor, vice chancellors, provosts, and other members of the academic community.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic business plan for the university’s partnership programming and extension sites. Partnership programming includes degree programs and professional development / corporate learning and training.
- Provide guidance to, and receive recommendations from academic departments regarding the planning, implementation and review of academic programs, services, activities and related matters to be offered at the off-campus locations.
- Develop partnership networks and strategic alliances with local, regional and national clientele that enhance multi-campus enrollment using method driven approaches and processes to drive results. Negotiate and develop partnership agreements, memorandums of understanding and contracts with these entities.
- Lead cross-functional teams across the University to structure and execute alliance initiatives, conversion analysis and communication strategy.
- Provide operational, budgetary and strategic enrollment management leadership and oversight over each campus business to business (“B2B”) initiative. Develop and manage reporting and financial tracking of strategic partnership activities.
- Prepare, submit, and monitor the annual budget for area of responsibility. Achieve the assigned fiscal year enrollment and revenue target and related margin.
- Provide independently or through B2B team, professional sales presentations to potential partner organizations and appropriate clients with the ability to secure long term business relationships.
- Research employer trends, competition and funding sources and work with University leadership, academic departments, compliance and regulatory, enrollment, marketing, and other key stakeholders to bring market opportunities to bear which meet key sector needs.
- Develop and manage the following:
- The build out of a high performing education alliance outreach infrastructure
- Reporting and financial tracking of strategic partnership activities
- Partner agreements execution and ROI
- Manage and oversee B2B directors and correlating strategy aligning and guiding overall partnership goals with institutional and regional budget expectations. Management of regional director reports to include:
- Ongoing evolution of national, regional, and local strategic plan
- Performance management and conversion management
- Familiarity with and understanding of HR policies and processes
- Training, coaching, developing, and evaluating partnership team members
- Recruitment of partnership team members
- Participate in Board of Governors meetings as needed. Make presentations at meetings, workshops and events as assigned.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Assess needs, monitor trends and ensure relevancy of our degree/non-degree programs.
- Establish effective working relationships and collaborations with campus departments, professional associations, faculty, corporations, and advisory committees and other internal and external constituents.
- Involvement as necessary in the implementation and administration of the academic programs as needed.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in business, public administration or related field preferred.
- Experience working in an institution of higher education or government. Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible business or academic experience, or a combination.
- Experience in program development and recruitment, particularly in an adult program context, is a plus.
- Experience with budget development, forecasting and long-term financial planning.
- Proven record of success in academic administration at tuition-driven, comprehensive institutions with substantive graduate offerings.
- Strong commitment to, and respect for, shared governance, transparency and collegiality.
- Strong commitment to diversity that will foster a dynamic and inclusive learning environment.
- The individual should be recognized as an institutional strategist and higher education business expert with highly sophisticated understanding of industry needs and competitor offerings related to nontraditional higher education.
Sitting, standing, and lifting, carrying or otherwise moving objects up to 25 pounds. Will require travel between campuses. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours of Employment:
This is a full time position. Will require occasional evening and weekend work. Extensive travel may be required, as appropriate.
Must be available 24 hours per day 7 days per week for emergency phone calls, texts, and emails when needed.
Position is authorized to work remotely.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org