AU Marketing Assistant- Web content
Website Antioch University New England
The Marketing Assistant, Web Content is responsible for providing customer service to students, faculty, and staff users University-wide. This role acts as a primary website content support, including customer service, training, and completion of content updates. The Marketing Assistant is also responsible for various web projects as assigned, in conjunction with the Marketing Directors, Developers, and IT.
Essential Job Functions:
- Web Content Requests and Ticket Completion- 90%
- Complete approved content changes, new page requests, etc. as assigned
- Provide excellent customer service and thoughtful communication to people reaching out for support
- Track, route and redirect problems to correct resources via ticketing system; properly escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate resource as needed
- Provide WordPress training as needed to users
- Follow up, provide feedback, and see problems through to resolution
- Review site edits to ensure they are aesthetically pleasing, within brand, and work in a variety of browsers
- Miscellaneous- 10%
- Recommend procedure modifications or improvements
- Improve documentation of processes and systems
- Pursue self-education and development to enhance WordPress skills and abilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in marketing, communications, web design, or a liberal arts field, or equivalent training/experience in marketing, communications, web design or related area
- Web design and WordPress experience a plus
Knowledge & skills
This position requires the knowledge, skills and ability to:
- Knowledge and proficiency using Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Apps – Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Hangouts)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on and prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to learn new software
- Flexible and willing to adapt to a dynamic environment
Hours of Employment
This is a part-time position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. The typical work week is Monday through Friday, 20 hours per week with occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Office to be housed at Antioch University New England campus.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a coverletter, resume/CV and at least 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “AU Marketing Assistant- Web content” in the subject line.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race,color,national origin,religion, sex,sexual orientation,gender identity, age,disability,veteran status,or any other protected classification.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com