AU Online Learning Developer
Website Antioch University
POSITION SUMMARY: This position holds responsibility for the development and revision of AU curricular products in face-to-face, hybrid, and 100% online learning environments with an emphasis on active and experiential learning in all delivery modalities. This position works directly with senior instructional designers and faculty. The position is part of an Academic Technology team with Instructional Designers and an Academic Technology Support Specialist.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with senior instructional designers to reach the academic technology goals and needs of academic programs.
- Generate online learning content, including digital text, graphic design, photo images, interactive media, and audio/video media.
- Build new courses and learning materials using content provided by instructional designers and subject matter experts. Update revised content for existing courses. Provide maintenance for existing courses as needed.
- Maintain program and course specific configurations of learning management systems in collaboration with Information Technology and other University.
- Develop and maintain online web-based resources such as academic technology websites, multimedia tutorials, reference material, design standards, content resources, and templates.
- Maintain one’s currency in new and innovative educational technologies.
- Assist with testing and implementation of emerging teaching and learning technologies.
- Provide individual and group training, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree related to multimedia, graphic design, communications, computer science, or instructional design; or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with instructional systems technology, instructional design, and/or education technology strongly preferred.
- Experience in higher education strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency with appropriate software, including online course management software, web browsers, web authoring tools, standard office productivity tools required.
- Familiarity with mobile devices instruction, responsive interface design, video and image manipulation, presentation software, CSS, HTML/XML, and multimedia authoring tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud, Open Office, Camtasia) required.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues via phone, email, videoconferencing and in person to find solutions to challenges faced by faculty.
- Understanding of university academic programming and administrative functioning preferred.
- Knowledge of copyright, fair use, and accessibility regulations related to online learning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
Attributes and Abilities
- Exercise professional judgment regarding highly confidential department, budget, and student matters.
- Work independently, organize, handle detail, follow-through on tasks and problem solve with minimal supervision, in a complex administrative and academic environment.
- Work effectively, collaboratively, and cooperatively with a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. Ability to interact with a wide range of users and technicians.
- Have a clear understanding and commitment to diversity, equity and cultural competence.
- Possess a keen understanding of, and sensitivity to, the human factors and accessibility requirements involved in introducing educational technology.
- Adapt to organizational and individual circumstances.
- Differentiate level of assistance according to faculty ability and program need.
Hours of Employment
This is a full-time position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor.
This may be a home office or campus-based position, though proximity to one of our campuses in Seattle, WA, Los Angeles, CA, Yellow Springs, OH, or Keene, NH is preferred. Specific location will be established in with the supervisor prior to appointment.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb stairs, and reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. High volume of computer work required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some travel is required.
Environmental and Job Hazards:
No unusual environmental or job hazards.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Qualified applicants should send a letter of interest, resume (with links to portfolio or work samples) and the names and contact information of three references to address below. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Randy Davis, HR Generalist
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org