AUM Faculty Early Childhood Education
Antioch University Midwest
Antioch University provides learner-centered education to empower students with the knowledge and skills to lead meaningful lives and to advance social, economic, and environmental justice.
The Division of Education and Interdisciplinary Studies at Antioch University Midwest is seeking Teaching Faculty applicants with a strong P-12 background and a commitment to teaching excellence for our expanding undergraduate and graduate licensure programs. The Education Program is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), now Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). The Early Childhood Education Program is both an undergraduate and graduate program designed for candidates to earn either a Bachelor of Arts or a Master’s of Education degree with initial Licensure. The program is a four-semester cohort model with three semesters of coursework and one semester of student teaching. Antioch University is a non-tenure institution. Based on satisfactory annual performance, Teaching Faculty may be renewed for an additional 2-year contract or moved to a Core Faculty contract after a probationary period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engagement in student learning
- Advise students regarding program requirements
- Supervise and evaluate student teachers
- Engagement in service to the department, campus and university wide committees
- Engagement in on-going research in field of early childhood education
- Engagement in service to the profession and to the wider community
- Participate in professional development
Doctorate in Early Childhood Education or closely related field preferred. ABD nearing completion may be considered
- Minimum of five (5) years of public school teaching experience working with young children pre-K to grade 3
- Current Ohio licensure in Early Childhood Education
- Commitment to diverse classroom environments
- Demonstrated success in teaching and working with adult
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with persons of diverse backgrounds in a participatory academic environment
- Demonstrated ability to use technology and apply it to the learning
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and implement academic programs consistent with Antioch’s mission and educational philosophy
- Experience working with grades 4-5 and/or Middle Childhood (grades 4 – 9) and/or children with special needs or Dyslexia
- Current licensure (or experience) in a related field such as Early Childhood Special Education
- Hold current Reading Endorsement
- Knowledge of, or experience with CAEP accreditation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours of Employment:
This is a full-time position. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor, “odd-hours” may be required
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
NOTE: The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check
Qualified applicants should send a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information of three references to:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org