Coordinator, Admissions Data Systems
Website Recruitment and Admissions
Location: Los Angeles campus
Department: Recruitment and Admissions
Reports to: Director of Recruitment and Admissions
Reporting to the Director of Recruitment and Admissions, the Coordinator of Admissions Data and Systems is responsible for coordinating and performing a range of activities in support of the marketing, recruiting, enrollment and administrative functions of the Office of Recruitment and Admissions. Under the general guidance of the Director, the Coordinator is responsible for daily processing of inquiry and application data, management of systems supporting recruitment and admissions (including but not limited to Hobson’s Connect, Colleague, Radius, and Image Now), processing and distribution of application files, CRM for inquiries and applicants, organization of files, and special projects and assignments for the Admissions office. The person in this also supports front-counter services and response to telephone and in-person inquiries. The Coordinator also oversees administrative support processes within the Admissions Office so that the operations of the office run smoothly.
The position requires technical and data management skills, as well as strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks, and a high degree of sensitivity to the needs of multiple constituencies.
- Bachelors degree from a regionally or nationally accredited academic institution and 2 years experience relevant to the job responsibilities of this position;
- Or an AA degree and 4 years related experience.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a professional manner using good business etiquette.
- Must have excellent computer, grammatical and editing skills, as well as verbal and interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to take responsibility for assigned projects from beginning to completion with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent knowledge and practice of organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to train and supervise other Admissions staff such as Federal Work Study students.
- Ability to work collaboratively with campus personnel at all levels to problem-solve and achieve assigned objectives.
- Strong proficiency with personal computers and related software such as MS Excel, MS Suite and Colleague.
- Must have strong data accessing and reporting skills.
- Proficient in searching information on a variety of Internet, library based and other data base systems.
- Must exercise professional judgment regarding highly confidential budget and student matters.
- Ability to multi-task. Strong organizational skills, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Basic accounting knowledge, and math computational skills sufficient to order supplies, process invoices, etc.
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
Hours of employment:
This is a full-time position. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor.
Work Schedule: Hourly – full time – 40 hours
Compensation and Benefits.
Salary is DOE. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, prescription drug service, life insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, and retirement plan. Employees are eligible to apply for a tuition benefit after one year of employment.
A detailed job description can be found at the University’s website: www.antioch.edu/los-angeles. If you would like to apply, please submit a cover letter referencing the job title, resume, and three professional references (names/phone numbers) to:
Chair, Admissions Data Systems Search Committee
Antioch University Los Angeles
400 Corporate Pointe
Culver City, CA 90230-7615
Fax: (310) 943-1590
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents submitted via email as attachments must be in Microsoft Word format. Submissions that do not reference a specific job title in the cover letter or email subject line will not be considered.
Posted: September 15, 2016
Begin review of resumes: Immediately
Deadline: September 22, 2016
Antioch University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial credit and/or motor vehicle history check.
Antioch University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the university not to discriminate against and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status.
The Corporation for National and Community Service, which administers AmeriCorps, and its partners — Peace Corps, AmeriCorps Alums, National Peace Corps Association, and The Franklin Project — have launched Employers of National Service (EONS) to better connect national service alumni with opportunities in the workforce. Antioch University is proud to be an EONS partner and welcomes applications from service alumni.