Director Administrative Applications
Website Antioch University
This position provides overall strategic direction and management to the Ellucian Colleague Application Support team as well as providing onsite leadership and coordination of all Antioch University’s computing systems resources and coordination with Network and Systems department. It is expected that this role be a major contributor to the specification, design and provide implementation support for the Ellucian Colleague ERP system and related applications. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of technology projects and day-to-day operations to ensure that goals are accomplished by performing the following essential job functions personally or through subordinates. Specifies, researches, and manages projects of varying complexity.
Essential Job Functions-
Administrative Computing and System Implementation Support -75%
o Develop complex technical project plans within a specific budget with a Project Manager. Identity the following for each task within the project plans: resources, dependencies, durations, and priority/criticality
o Provides overall strategic direction and management expertise to the administrative computing of the University. This responsibility includes all administrative computing and system implementations support. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of technology projects to ensure that project goals are accomplished by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors
o Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
o Consults with management and reviews project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing administrative computing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources. Develops project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources. Formulates and defines technical scope and objectives of project. Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks. Coordinates recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Assigns duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
o Establishes standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation. Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules and plans as required. Prepares project status reports and keeps management and stakeholders informed of project status and related issues. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems. Coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original specifications. Monitors project results against technical specifications. Develops and maintains technical and project documentation. Develops quality assurance test plans. Directs quality assurance testing
Secondary Responsibilities- 20%
o Consult with end users to understand business processes and to assist them in becoming more efficient and effective utilizing the Ellucian ERP system and other related systems
o Champion utilization of best practices and standards, develop standards where needed, and ensure compliance with IT/University policies
o Develop custom reporting and analytics
o Write and maintain documentation of changes to computer code, programs, and specifications; update project management system with pertinent information
o Participate in functional meetings and lead department meetings with direct reports
o Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or 4 years of equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3 years of experience in software design, support, administration, and development required, and application consulting or Business Processing experience in higher education environment is highly desired
• Experience clearly presenting/communicating project status is required
• Demonstrated knowledge of report scripting and SQL; experience with one or more reporting writing applications, preferably Microsoft SSRS
• Experience working with customers to solve problems, provide guidance, and enhance their ability to use functional modules in Colleague preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency of Envision Basic, Colleague Studio, and the Colleague UniData data structure preferred; experience developing computed columns, batch (ELF) processes, custom screens, and web forms
• Experience performing Colleague maintenance tasks such as cloning, patch updates (within a structured SDLC), and general system admin tasks preferred
• Demonstrated understanding of Colleague’s ecosystem (core applications along with its various interfaces) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities-
This position requires the knowledge, skills and ability to:
1. Strong management ability with previous supervisory responsibilities
2. Ellucian Colleague systems experience, including functional and programming experience
3. Previous experience with Ellucian Colleague projects
4. Ellucian Colleague platform system administration experience Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the University community
5. Business process experience in higher education administrative functions, including student services, and financial operations
6. Proven project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership and direction for the implementation process
7. Project management skills related to managing multiple tasks and developing testing plans
8. Possess strong desktop automation skills including effective use of e-mail, word processors, spreadsheets and the ability to use tools in conjunction with databases. In addition, strong knowledge of relational database reporting tools including MYSQL
9. Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively across disciplines with administrators, faculty, vendors, the public, and/or students
10. Strong team player with exceptional interpersonal skills who can quickly build and maintain relationships within IT and customers
11. Skill in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
12. Excellent written and verbal communications skills; able to coordinate, orchestrate, and communicate effectively with technologists and University partners to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment
13. Ability to effectively present information to management
14. Ability to work closely with team members
Hours of Employment-
This is a full-time position serving a national University. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
Office to be place based at Antioch University in Yellow Springs, Ohio.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment. Travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
This position require the completion of a background check.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Qualified applicants should send a letter of interest, resume (with links to portfolio or work samples) and the names and contact information of three references to:
Randy Davis, HR Generalist
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org