Enrollment Services Coordinator-Integrated Student Services
Website Antioch University Seattle
Serves as a member of the Student Services Center team. This position provides frontline support for student services, including records and registration, admissions, financial aid, and student accounts. This position will also serve as a lead for 2-3 work-study students.
- Respond to inquiries from applicants, students, and faculty in person and by phone, mail, and e-mail. Refer students to appropriate staff and resources. Schedule appointments with Admission Counselors and other staff. Assist students in the completion of forms and/or monitors paperwork for completion and appropriate approvals. Provide instructions in registration, transcript ordering, enrollment certification, enrollment services, basic academic program information and application deadlines. Percent of time: 20%
- Create applicant and student files. Facilitate management of the application process. Initiate and monitors efficient completion and processing of applications, including entry and maintenance of information in the admissions documents received database and the Hobsons prospect management and communications system. Coordinates routine admission processing with the centers/schools/ programs, and follows up on the status of academic documentation to ensure the timely completion of the admissions process. With general direction, uses discretion regarding acceptable documentation, application materials, and admission deadline extensions.
Process non-matriculate registrations, clear holds to permit registration, process registrations that have to be completed manually (overloads, drops, prerequisite overrides), provide information and assistance in: registration procedures, waitlist status, priority registration status, degree audit access and interpretation, access to narratives, updating contact information, clarifying SAP status and communications, submitting graduation application, process change of academic program (if no new application needed), assist with transcript requesting, enrollment and degree verification (referrals to Office of Records Administration), accept requests for information or processing (GPA equivalent request, FERPA requests or authorizations, substitution or waiver form, leave of absence or withdrawal)Responsible for the optical imaging of incoming application materials, including document preparation, imaging, indexing and management of the audit of the records. Supervises work-study to assist with optical imaging and records management.
Initiates and facilitates communication with prospective students and applicants, using available software systems. Percent of time: 30%
- Monitors incoming official transcripts for appropriate dissemination to the Registrar’s Office and academic units and incoming mail handling. Generate correspondence, mailing labels, and contact lists, as well as routine admissions and other reports for enrollment services administrators and other offices. Percent of time: 20%
- Welcomes and screens visitors to Enrollment Services offices and provides first-line assistance. Follows departmental policies and procedures regarding security and confidentiality of documents. Percent of time: 10%
- Acts as lead for work-study students as needed to monitor the timely flow of the importing of web inquiries and distribution of informational packets. Percent of time: 10%
- Provides administrative support for Enrollment Services office staff. Percent of time: 5%
- Other duties as assigned. Percent of time: 5%
- AA degree required. BA preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of office experience required. Additional experience may substitute for years of education. Experience in college admissions or student services offices preferred.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills, including strong verbal and human relations skills, including tactfulness, a sense of humor and sensitivity to the needs of students.
- Demonstrated excellent data entry skills, and familiarity with monitoring and maintaining large databases.
- Demonstrated independent problem-solving ability.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Environmental and Job Hazards:
No unusual environmental or job hazards.
Essential Physical and Mental Demands:
- Manual dexterity to allow extensive computer keyboard work.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit and focus for long periods of time.
- Periodic stress due to interruptions and high levels of interaction with the public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Seattle campus
Job title: Enrollment Services Coordinator-Integrated Student Services
Reports to: Director of Admissions and Enrollment
Salary grade: Non-exempt, Hourly
Percent time: 100%
Posted: November 12, 2019
Open: Until Filled
Please submit your Cover Letter, Resume and 3 references to email@example.com
Antioch University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, and veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org