INSTRUCTOR AND CLINICIAN/SUPERVISOR IN MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPY: INTERNSHIP POSITION
Location: New England
Antioch University New England
Antioch University New England’s Couple and Family Therapy Program has a nine-month pre-doctoral internship for students of COAMFTE Ph.D. programs. Internship would run nine to 12 months starting either May or August 2021. This internship involves both required clinical work and opportunities for teaching and supervision.
- Applicant must be a doctoral student in a COAMFTE program having completed the majority of the required coursework; AAMFT Supervisor Candidate; at least two years of clinical experience, prefer at least one year of college teaching experience (including as a GTA). Experience with youth and families and interest in school and home-based service delivery is strongly preferred. Reliable car, valid driver’s license and background check are required. (Position may start remotely).
Position responsibilities include:
- Family Team Clinical Internship (20 hours): Provide clinical services in the Jaffrey-Rindge School District, with a focus on families in the elementary schools.
- The internship involves training and supervision in Ecosystemic Structural Family Therapy (ESFT).
- This clinical placement involves providing ESFT to youth and their families at a location convenient to the family, including in-home, community, and school settings in alignment with system of care values; services will include some mornings, afternoons and evenings. These services will be provided by telehealth while emergency orders are in place.
- The Doctoral Intern assist the Family Team Director in providing training and support to school staff, families and the community, will work as a team-member with other Family Team interns, and will participate in other Family Team activities as required.
- Provide supervision to master’s level clinicians and would receive supervision mentorship.
- Teach approximately 9 credits in the CFT master’s program curriculum as a member of the CFT faculty. This workload involves at least two academic courses in the master’s program plus supervision.
- Attend CFT Faculty meetings and participate in formal case review of CFT students.
- Attend Applied Psychology Dept. faculty and team meetings.
- Serve on designated committees.
- This is a full-time employment position with medical benefits package and mileage reimbursement.
- Includes Supervision of Supervision by AAMFT Approved Supervisor, teaching mentorship, and the opportunity to participate in clinical research, possibly for doctoral dissertation.
To apply, please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and a list of three current references and contact information electronically to [email protected] with “Doctoral Internship Search” in the subject heading. For further specifics about the program or position, please contact Dr. Sharon Fitzgerald at [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com