Ad Coordinator/Generalist – Marketing
Location: Remote or AU Campus
Website Antioch University
Antioch’s Marketing & Communications (Marcom) team is responsible for marketing and external communications across Antioch University and its campuses and programs. A critical piece of this work is the management and execution of many campaign types, including media, programmatic, branded and sponsored content, podcasts, and experiential marketing.
Antioch is looking for a Marketing Ad Coordinator/Generalist to research, coordinate, and implement digital and traditional media campaigns and to work closely with advertising vendors and agencies. To be successful in this role, you must have a basic and clear understanding of the media landscape and how to develop media plans, and understand the different types of digital media available and how they function. You will also be familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
As an Ad Coordinator/Generalist, you will be responsible for booking/trafficking, optimizing, and reporting of advertising campaigns. You will also provide general marketing support as a part of the Marketing & Communications team, communicate with other departments, ad vendors, and freelancers, and conduct advertising research.
Media Coordination (75%)
- Implement approved marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing forecasts; detailed advertising implementation plans to support objectives and strategies, obtaining quotes and pricing for ad placements; prepare production estimates; manage, traffic, and track campaigns.
- Handle daily campaign maintenance, including tracking performance and delivery of campaigns, and compiling reports for having a pulse on results & recognition.
- Maintain publication material deadlines; ensure deadlines are met.
- Help develop messaging architecture and competitive positioning.
- Ensure all material is properly signed off as approved by Marketing Director and dept, if applicable.
- Develop and maintain relations with the internal and external public.
- Work with third party ad vendors and our internal team to receive and implement creative assets for on-time campaign launches; organize third-party providers and vendors to deliver elements that can’t be produced in-house; ensure promised delivery dates are met. Maintain a clear communication channel with internal teams regarding expected deliverables.
- Work on ad optimizations with Directors and Marketing Service Manager for implementation of media plans
- Check invoices and settle billing discrepancies; submit invoices for payment.
- Track the effectiveness of advertising campaigns; suggest improvements to increase the reach of campaigns
- Prepare weekly and monthly marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from various sources including, but not limited to, Excel, TargetX/Salesforce, Hubspot, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Sprout Social, etc.
- Maintain a database of all advertisements and placements and the campaign results.
- Ad design and/or editing
- Conduct media research to suggest the most feasible and effective options to meet program and campaign goals using digital advertising.
- Maintain digital filing system for marketing and communications team.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading trade publications.
- Create and edit presentations; work with project assistant to track and manage project implementation.
- Other duties as designed.
Education / Minimum Qualifications
- At least two (2) years’ experience in Marketing, Communications, or closely related field; minimum one (1) year media planning or buying experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This position requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and a flexible, problem-solving approach when faced with ambiguity
- Able to learn new software and willing to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Understanding of digital advertising and sales processes; preferably within the higher education industry
- Experience setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on major search engines (SEO/SEM), marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns; Understanding of offline media channels including OOH, newspaper, and print; familiarity with OTT advertising.
- Above average proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, or Google Doc, Sheets, and Slides
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Understanding of or experience with HTML5/animated ads preferred
- Experience in identifying target audiences and supporting creative digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools; working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be outgoing, organized, efficient, team player and a strategic thinker
- Proactive and solution oriented
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and efficiently manage time and priorities; able to adapt to shifts in priorities and urgencies
- Superior internal customer service standards and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Can juggle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrate proficiency in mathematical calculations and Excel analysis; possess both analytical and creative thinking skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and produce high quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with people at all levels of an organization
- Must be a true team player that is focused on the “we” results
- Maintain a positive attitude, even under pressure
- Experience with Wrike or other project management systems is a plus
- Reliable high-speed internet and quiet work space
Hours of Employment
This is a full-time position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. The typical work week is Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week with occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Office location TBD; position may be located at a campus or remote.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover-letter, resume/CV and three business references.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.