Location: AU Campus or Remote
Website Antioch University
Antioch University is seeking an expert in marketing analytics and data visualization to join the Marketing & Communications (Marcom) team to help drive a data-first culture across the Marketing & Communications and beyond. The right Marketing Forecast/Analyst candidate is a proactive, digital-oriented analyst who is highly organized and articulate. You will be expected to extract insights related to marketing effectiveness and opportunities, resource and project reporting, and to provide actionable intelligence via dashboards, reports, and visualizations to leadership.
You believe that data and analytics should drive marketing decisions, and can show your work and onboard other points of view. You are results-oriented, and can balance value-added decisions with change management challenges. You do what it takes to meet your commitments; others can depend on you. You know how to break down complicated data sets so that non- data-driven people can understand what you are recommending and why. You are committed to learning & growing and helping others to learn & grow.
Success in this role includes the ability to build and maintain accurate dashboards, to pull together data to report on what has happened, as well as build models to predict what might come. You are curious and interested in data – how it connects, relationships, and how to connect seemingly disconnected data points to identify areas of opportunity. You will be right at the heart of Antioch’s integrated marketing strategy, and will work closely with all Marcom colleagues to ensure that our current and new strategies are grounded in data.
Essential Job Functions
Analytics, Dashboards, and Reporting 75%
- Support the efforts of the Marcom strategic and operations plans with required advanced analytics and data for decision-making
- Partner with the Marcom colleagues and vendors to execute the day-to-day coordination of strategic, operational, and internal client-facing reporting; help drive the digital media and content strategy alongside the Marcom colleagues and vendors
- Use internal and external data sets to find opportunities for marketing optimization and opportunities
- Analyze and provide data needed to optimize organic and paid campaign and ongoing performance across major Marketing platforms, such as Google Ads, Hubspot, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Build and test models and reports that identify trends in Antioch’s data as well as the external market to drive advertising, targeting, and content decision making
- Work with Marketing Directors and Marketing Services Manager to use data to develop tactical growth strategies for Antioch’s key focus areas
- Analyze results and provide monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for Marcom and advertising strategies to share key metrics and insights with the Marketing Services team and internal clients; prepare internal reporting with clear insights and actionable next steps
- Work with the Digital team to ensure the tracking and analytics assets are deployed properly so that campaigns launch on time and incorporate best practice tracking
- Develop interactive dashboards with advance visualization that incorporate a number of data sources, accessible to internal and external colleagues, using tools such as Tableau or Google Data Studio
- Understand key metrics and the relationship between them, including measurements and efforts related to the Marcom strategic plan
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Expertly develop and maintain data connections between a variety of data sources
- Uncover performance insights and best practices through data analysis and reporting
Market Research 15%
- Provide competitive intelligence to inform program development, including keyword, web, and social market research and program/portfolio analysis, for up to 2-4 new programs per year
- Conduct competitive and brand research to inform marketing and communications strategies
- Analyze competitive and general market activity and translate learnings into actionable insights
- Partner with Enrollment Management Operations team to develop joint or complementary reports that allow for better end-to-end Enrollment Management reporting and visualization
- Maintain knowledge of major marketing data sources
- Maintain data confidentiality and observe all FERPA regulations
- Develop and maintain Marcom systems and data-governance documentation and update as required; track report change requests using a central documentation system
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree (or comparable experience) with a focus in Advertising, Marketing, or Communications
- 3+ years of experience in digital media and marketing analysis
- Google Analytics certified or other recent training; familiarity with utilizing regular expressions within Google platforms
- Higher education analytics experience highly preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics, Ads, and either Google Data Studio or Tableau required
- Experience developing tools for communicating data including dashboards, scorecards, and presentations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of Marketing analytics, industry standards, and best practices; experience with using data to predict outcomes and identify market opportunities
- Knowledge of and experience reporting on pipelines and buying journeys; familiarity with contemporary enrollment admissions and marketing technologies and practices; experience managing or analyzing SEO, Paid Search, Paid Social or other digital marketing campaigns a plus
- Strong knowledge of using Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and Google Data Studio for data reporting and visualization. Experience with Tableau, Business Objects, R, and other analytics tools a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, and integrity practices
- Data-driven, and able to support quantitative and qualitative outcomes even when they do not correlate to your previous experience or biases
- Ability to communicate and visualize complex data in a clear, concise, actionable manner
- Google Tag Manager experience, including understanding of container tags, variables, and triggers
- Familiarity with Salesforce, TargetX, and Hubspot preferred
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; ability to contribute individually and lead, manage, and participate in collaborative initiatives and cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and visualization skills paired with solutions-oriented approach to change and organizational complexity
- Must be organized with the ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-moving culture while maintaining a high quality of work
- Patience, meticulous attention to detail, and a logical approach to work
Hours of Employment
This is a full-time position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. The typical work week is Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week with occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Office location TBD; position may be located at a campus or remote.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply, qualified applicants should submit a coverletter, resume/CV and three business references.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.