Website Antioch University
Process, prepares and distributes campuses’ payrolls with related documentation, prepare payroll taxes, reports and prepares manual payroll checks. Responsible for various spreadsheet reports; prepare and file various local, state and federal reports. Operates all departmental equipment. Duties normally follow established procedures; responsibilities may include routine, minor corrections to make documents acceptable for processing. Must be able to work under pressure meeting critical deadlines. Works under general direction and supervision.
- Process payrolls (bi-weekly/monthly), print, audit and distribute associated documentation to all campuses. Run appropriate time verification reports in order to process each payroll.
- Transmit ACH file, mail checks and pay advices.
- Serves as primary backup with Monthly payroll processing.
- Prepare, as needed, manual checks, stop payments, voids and corrections. Process actions through the Payroll system and audit for correctness.
- Field questions and request for Human Resources/Payroll assistance from points of contact at other campuses.
- Prepare necessary journal entry corrections as needed.
- Prepare tax payments for all related taxes, audit for accuracy primarily for the bi-weekly payroll and the monthly as required.
- Prepare request a payment for various payroll deductions in timely manner for accounts payable check processing.
- Track and update union pay raises and seniority pay increases in accordance with the various union contracts.
- Provide required reports to the appropriate unions in reference to wages, sick/vacation leave and seniority.
- Place stop payment requests to local bank for payroll. Notify appropriate contact of status of stop payment request.
- Assist with the annual research, audit and report prior fiscal year’s unclaimed funds to State of Ohio for checking accounts.
- Prepare annual payroll calendars for all campuses. Assist with issuance of W2’s and requests for duplicates.
- Responsible for filing, scanning and document archiving and destruction.
- Assist other Human Resource staff as required and perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge: A proficient understanding of payroll process and related laws and regulations, preferably in a university setting. Knowledge of taxes and their requirements and regulations. Familiarity with an integrated Human Resource/Payroll software package, Excel, Word 2000, and Internet software applications. Understanding of accounting and bookkeeping practices, including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and non-profit tax reporting. Familiarity with electronic banking processes for use with direct deposit and electronic funds transfers.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to quickly and accurately enter data into computer databases; analyze data and prepare reports for campus and system management and to operate mailing machine. Proficient operation of 10-key calculator. Ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines, prepare accurate bank reconciliations and communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to determine confidentially standards, to problem-solve, and make appropriate corrections as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements: An Associate’s degree in business or accounting preferred with 2-3 years payroll experience or five years of payroll experience. A Payroll Professional Certification or a HR Certification a plus. Relevant experiences includes preparation of payrolls, payroll tax preparation, routine accounting and general office work.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit; stand use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 40 hours per week, may require overtime hours during peak work periods, i.e. beginning of terms, fiscal and calendar year-end.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Applicants must submit a coverletter, resume/CV and three business references to email@example.com and put “AU PAYROLL GENERALIST” in the subject line.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org