Website Antioch University Seattle
Antioch University Seattle is looking for a Program Associate. The Program Associate provides administrative coordination and support to the associate provost, academic unit head, faculty, staff, and students. The Program Associate performs duties in four broad categories: administrative support, faculty and curriculum support, budget management, and campus-wide service.
- Coordinate general office duties such as filing, copying, scanning, and answering phones and emails.
- Provide administrative support for submissions relating to accreditation, site visits, annual reviews, and HLC reports. Assist in tracking and managing data that must be collected as evidence for submissions.
- Maintain all departmental files on departmental Google Team Drive; organize them for ease of use by faculty and staff.
- Create and manage efficient internal systems of communication and program operations that support the program.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to maintain an online presence (social media, e-blasts, webpage, blog posts).
- Provide office management by reserving meeting rooms, taking minutes, ordering equipment and supplies, maintain several Google calendars for faculty and staff.
Faculty and Curriculum Support
- Coordinate with Marketing to maintain the department’s website pages, specifically the admission pages, faculty pages, program information pages, and other relevant links, in addition to print materials.
- Serve as the school liaison and provide administrative support for affiliate and adjunct faculty tracking workloads, arranging quarterly payroll, and maintaining faculty files.
- Coordinate and update the quarterly and annual course schedules and handbooks.
- Manage event planning for new student orientations, information sessions, program and faculty meetings, commencement, internship seminars, special events, and other student, faculty, or staff related events.
- Serve as liaison between the program and the Admissions department to track prospective and new student processes.
- Support new students as they are accepted to the University, including assigning advisors, and assisting them in registering for courses.
- Manage the Sakai (virtual classroom/LMS) sites by updating participants, uploading announcements and ensuring that course sites are functioning properly. Supports the coordination of uploading syllabi in a timely manner.
- Create and maintains calendars of key events, meetings, work schedules and due dates for faculty and staff.
- Manage course evaluation process: sends out course evaluations for core and adjunct faculty.
- Participate in the hiring, supervision, and coordination of schedules for work-study students in the department.
- Reconcile department credit card purchases.
- Process invoices and payments to vendors, guest speakers, student teaching mentors and other entities.
- Track quarterly and annual departmental budgets, grants, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Work closely with director and staff in Human Resources, Finance, Student Accounts, Admissions, Marketing, Financial Aid, and leadership teams on departmental and campus-wide initiatives.
- Serve on committees as appointed.
- Participate and aid in coordinating Commencement ceremony.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- A. degree
- 3 – 5 years of administrative support experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Google Drive applications
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with financial tracking and reporting
- Experience preparing spreadsheets and utilizing databases
- Strong organizational, administrative and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in planning, organization, and project management
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; excellent time management, proactive problem-solving skills
- Competent written and oral communication skills
- Desire and demonstrated ability to learn new computer programs
- Supports diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do
- Experience in engaging with diverse communities
- Demonstrate Antioch University’s core values that enable teams and individuals to succeed with shared respect and purpose
- Support Antioch University’s strategic plan, mission, and impact
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and adherence to FERPA regulations
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and manage projects without direct supervision
- Willingness to assist and find creative solutions
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Complete and submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Names, addresses (including email addresses) and telephone numbers of four references. References will not be contacted without prior approval of the candidate.
For accommodations to complete the application process, and/or if selected for an interview, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Applications review will start immediately; position closes when filled.
Antioch University Seattle is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, and veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org