Program Coordinator – Master of Arts in Psychology
Website Antioch University Los Angeles
The Program Coordinator assists in the development of academic program schedules, adjunct teaching schedules, and other functions germane to the academic operations of the MAP program.
The Program Coordinator assigned to the Psychology Program has detailed knowledge of, and can articulate the structure and content of, the MAP Program, including requirements, curriculum, policies, procedures, standards, philosophy, and long-range plans and strategies.
Occasionally the Program Coordinator may participate in program development, marketing and outreach, and student recruitment and retention. Along with the MAP core faculty, the Program Coordinator is part of the public face of the program, working closely with prospective students, adjunct faculty, current students, program alumni, and members of the Los Angeles professional community.
The position requires budgetary expertise; strong interpersonal communication skills; supervisory skills; organizational skills; PC word processing, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing capability, as well as the ability to work with integrated academic software; and the ability to handle many tasks simultaneously. The Program Coordinator is required to maintain confidentiality on issues related to faculty hiring, salary, student status and performances, student and faculty grievances, and other program concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION (85%)
- Responsible for all aspects of the creation of the quarterly schedule. Distributes this and other material to students and faculty.
- Serves as a primary communicative hub between the Program Chair, program faculty, current and prospective students, and University departments (such as Financial Aid, Admissions, Student Services, and Registrar).
ACADEMIC INFRASTRUCTURE (15%)
- Responsible for the daily work of work-study personnel, delegating clerical tasks as needed.
- Maintains archives of course numbers, descriptions and syllabi, course evaluations and CVs of all faculty.
- Updates and keeps current materials from potential adjunct faculty.
- Maintains database of faculty teaching history and faculty demographic information.
- Maintains updated mail and e-mail lists of students and faculty.
- Assists in compiling statistics when required for assessment and other purposes.
- Prepares and distributes packets for course and workshop evaluation.
- In conjunction with the Office of the Provost/VPAA and the program chair, assists with the writing of academic sections of University publications, including but not limited to faculty and student handbooks and university catalogs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the program Chair that are appropriate to the position.
- Antioch University LA reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience or associate’s degree and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in relevant administrative support duties and responsibilities. Graduate study may substitute for some experience. Ability to work independently and think critically to develop, interpret and communicate information effectively to students, faculty, and the public. Ability to communicate diplomatically in a variety of situations. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and strong writing skills required.
Ability to prioritize responsibilities and manage time effectively. Ability to shift between big-picture thinking and detail-oriented implementation. Computer skills required are PC knowledge, MS Office suite, Google suite, internet use, and knowledge of or willingness to learn new software as needed.
Hours of Employment: This is a 35-hour per week full-time position. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the Program Chair.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary is DOE. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, prescription drug service, life insurance, and pension plan. Employees are eligible for tuition benefit after one year of employment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com