Software Developer – Colleague position
The primary responsibilities of this position include programming and analytical support for the University’s enterprise software, Colleague by Ellucian, as well as development and enhancement of tools, API’s, and web services. The Software Developer – Colleague will be involved with all phases of the software development lifecycle. The position requires some on-call and “odd-hours” as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and document software as it relates to the Ellucian Colleague ERP Suite
- Develop integrated and stand-alone web-based applications. Collaborates on architecture and integration requirements across multiple teams.
- Analyzes projects in order to estimate costs, time and scheduling priority. Manages work to meet project schedules.
- Support development around eCommerce and Colleague integration
- Prepares documentation in order to provide information necessary for users to operate applications.
- Performs problem determination and resolution (troubleshooting).
- Participate in project teams regarding security, identity and account management and provisioning.
- Stay current with advanced technologies Colleague UI and Self-Service development tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in computer science, management information systems, or related information technology field
- Three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in web-based applications, or in an information technology and software area related to the duties to be performed – 5 years preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Colleague Studio, MS .NET, C#, and SQL.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong proficiency in Ellucian Colleague Studio/Envision programming
- One or more of the following operating system environments – Windows Server, CentOS Linux
- Proficient with SQL and relational database concepts
- Strong data analysis skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Serve Management Studio
- Understand organization of Ellucian data files
- Best practices for optimization, security, and monitoring of Web sites and Web based applications
- Software engineering concepts (requirements management, development models, testing and documentation)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors and the public are required.
- Manage competing priorities in a highly demanding environment.
- Must be a team-oriented person and a dynamic, positive problem-solver
Hours of Employment: This is a full-time exempt position. The work schedule will be established in consultation with Director of Administrative Applications. Extra hours and/or weekend hours may be required during peak work periods. The typical work week is Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit; stand use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Daily use of telephone, computer and standard office equipment. Employee may be required to travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time. Background check is a requirement for this position.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Qualified applicants should send a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information of three references to:
To apply, click on the following link..
Click to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com