Location: AU Campus or Remote
Website Antioch University
Under the direction of the Marcom Director of Digital Strategy, the Video Producer works collaboratively as a member of Antioch University’s Marketing & Communications team to create professional video content. This includes the creation of content in support of student recruitment and University storytelling.
The Video Producer is responsible for all aspects of video production including: pre-production logistics and planning, directing on-camera participants, camera, light, and sound adjustments and operation, in addition to following approved project management workflows and digital asset management best practices. The Video Producer is responsible for taking video projects from concept to completion.
This position requires extensive knowledge of video production, the ability to follow established brand guidelines and workflows, as well as advanced project management skills. Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously are essential for success in this role.
Essential Job Functions
- Create digital-first video content as part of an integrated marketing & communications strategy using styles and techniques to optimize web and social media engagement.
- Produce and direct a majority of short-form videos (and some long-form), occasionally using mixed media – e.g. video, audio, graphics and animation.
- Perform professional non-linear video editing using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and plugins
- Prepare scripts; prep and conduct interviews with faculty, students, staff, and/or alumni. Edit videos following brand guidelines and best practice; upload final approved videos to Vimeo, YouTube, and or social media.
- Manage video assets using a digital asset management (DAM) system and processes
- Exercise editorial judgment with an eye toward amplifying Antioch’s storytelling, brand, and programs
- Develop training materials for live stream social media video
- Curate video content across owned and operated video channels
- Work with vendors for video transcription services
- Participate in ad hoc committees as needed/required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of professional experience in all areas of video production including: proper operation of video cameras, lights, mics, audio, and camera support equipment, digital asset management, and project management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Firm understanding of the entire production process, from pitch, booking, and shooting to publishing and asset management
- Experience with video interviewing
- Proficiency filming with a variety of video, lighting and audio equipment and formats
- Comfortable filming over Zoom or other online options
- Proficiency in non-linear editing with Adobe Creative suite (including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.).
- Animation and motion design skills preferred
- Keen eye towards color correction and image quality
- Experience with exporting video for use on social media, web, etc.
- Professional experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Familiarity with video production for social media, web, and marketing automation as well as video analytics, trends, and best practices
- Expertise in planning, prioritizing, and goal setting, including the ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency, create detailed action plans, and organize schedules and tasks; experience with project management tools a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines; excellent written, verbal, interpersonal. and presentation skills and the ability to effectively work with senior management, faculty, board, and staff
- An excellent communicator, a high-energy self-starter with a powerfully independent work ethic
- Ability to contribute individually and participate in collaborative initiatives and cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with Antioch University’s mission, programs, and brand preferred
- An online portfolio with examples of videos produced is required
Hours of Employment
This is a part-time, non-benefited position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. The typical work week is Monday through Friday, 20 hours per week with occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Office location TBD; position may be located at a campus or remote.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply, qualified applicants must submit a coverletter, resume/CV and three business references when applying. Click here to apply: CLICK HERE
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.