Web Content Assistant
Website Antioch University
Note: This is a 6 mo temporary position
This position is remote, and will require reliable, high speed internet access.
The schedule will be Mon-Fri, 5 hours per day, between 10am-5pm EST.
As a Web Assistant, you will be responsible for completing help desk tickets and other web requests, and acts as a primary website technical support for Antioch’s internal and external websites. You will act as a primary resource responsible for website content publishing, including updating program and department information, faculty directory profiles, and campus news. In this role, you will collaborate to implement structural/technical edits, and publish content using best practices (meeting ADA compliance/WCAG 2.0 AA requirements, adhering to clean coding, clear naming conventions, and following brand guidelines). Your work also includes providing exemplary customer service and completion of web updates requested by email, phone, or helpdesk ticket. You will also participate in various web projects as needed, in conjunction with the Marketing Directors, Developers, and IT.
- Provide excellent customer service and thoughtful communication to people reaching out for support
- Track, route and redirect problems to correct resources via ticketing system; properly escalate unresolved issues; follow up, provide feedback, and see problems through to resolution
- Review proposed content revisions for accuracy, suggest revisions and collaborate on the creation of user-focused content to ensure they are aesthetically pleasing, within brand, work in a variety of browsers and meet accessibility standards
- Complete approved content changes, new page requests, etc. as assigned
- Regularly scan sites, document bugs and correct new issues
- Identify opportunities to improve our sites content and code, using accessibility and other review tools
- Research best practices for new content, as well as for optimizations for current content
- Maintain web posting best practices to be shared with all Antioch.edu web content editors
- Implement content accessibility fixes and/or advise other content editors to do so
- Work to improve overall site usability in collaboration with Marketing Director
- Recommended procedure modifications or improvements; Improve documentation of processes and systems
- Pursue self-education and development to enhance WordPress skills and abilities, and to gain knowledge related to website accessibility best practices
- Other projects/items as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least one (1) year of relevant work experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; demonstrate strong grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and a flexible, problem-solving approach when faced with ambiguity
- Able to learn new software and willing to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Experience with WordPress and familiarity with accessible web design best practices
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Hangouts)
- Reliable high speed internet and quiet work space
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer, webcam, and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours of Employment: This is a part-time, non-benefited position working less than 30 hours per week. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor, “odd-hours” may be required. The schedule will be Mon-Fri, 5 hours per day, typically between 10am-5pm EST.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Applicants must submit the following:
- three (3) business references.
Email application documents to email@example.com and put “Web Content Assistant” in the subject line.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org