Writing Instructors (Adjunct), Center for Teaching and Learning
Website Antioch University Seattle
Antioch University Seattle’s Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is seeking to hire writing instructors to teach introductory writing and research classes. Adjunct faculty are hired to teach scheduled courses during a specified academic term in a manner prescribed by the university. Adjunct faculty positions are part-time and not eligible for benefits through the University. Adjunct faculty are within the bargaining unit represented by SEIU 925.
The CTL offers academic, creative, and professional writing courses to support undergraduate and graduate students. Our writing classes focus on empowering student writers to master the genres they choose to write in. As an institution that is dedicated to social justice, we seek to empower students to find their voice, to establish strong research skills, and to produce writing that is effective in its interdisciplinary contexts
- Masters Degree in Composition Studies, English, Applied Linguistics, or closely related fields
- Two years of experience in teaching writing and research at a college level
- Experience working in a diverse classroom and with basic writers
- Ph.C. or Ph.D. in Composition Studies, English, Applied Linguistics, or closely related fields.
- Experience in WAC initiative and IWP programs
While performing the duties of this job, the faculty member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Complete and submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications and teaching philosophy
- Resume or Curriculum Vita
- Employment Application
- Names, addresses (including email addresses) and telephone numbers of four references. References will not be contacted without prior approval of the candidate.
For accommodations to complete the application process, and/or if selected for an interview, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Applications review will start immediately. Open until filled.
Antioch University is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, and veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org