Antioch’s The MA in Education with Teacher Credentialing program gives teacher candidates an opportunity to earn their master’s degree and credential at the same time. We train teachers to be change agents and social justice advocates dedicated to fostering equitable and effective schooling and life opportunities for all students.
This degree is offered by AU Los Angeles.
Our Education Department believes in an interdisciplinary approach that connects exemplary classroom and curricular practice to a diverse array of social and cultural theories of education and society. The program is interpersonal, interactive, face to face and student-centered with a focus upon democratic and socially just educational outcomes.
Students who have completed either of the two AULA Teacher Credentialing programs may continue their studies to earn a Master of Arts in Education.
- 4 additional quarters of half-time study
- Classes are offered on Monday and Wednesday nights from 4-7 pm and 7-10 pm
- The degree culminates with candidates sitting an oral Capstone experience that is based on research and learning they will have conducted within the program.
- Candidates are assigned to a faculty advisor when they are accepted into the Program and work closely with their advisor to tailor the degree to meet their needs and allow them to pursue their individual interests.
- Our classes cover such diverse topics as Neuroscience, eco-literacy, social justice, educational reform, grassroots organizing, systems thinking, and leadership. For detailed curriculum and degree requirements, please visit the AULA catalog.
- Possibility of Prior Learning credit for life experience that demonstrates curricular competency.
Earning a teaching credential gives educators the tools to employ the most effective methods in their classroom, and raises the profile of the school in which they work. Earning an MA in Education gives both educators and professionals the skills to take on leadership roles in educational settings, which often require an advanced degree.
MA in Education with Teaching Credentials graduates have found success providing instruction, leadership, and guidance in positions that include:
- K -12 classroom teachers
- Curriculum development leaders
- Educational researchers
- Faculty members in institutions of higher education
- Leaders in schools and school districts
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application.
- Submit the $50 non-refundable Application Fee.
- Official transcripts that post the Bachelor’s degree conferred from a regionally accredited college or university are required and request that they be sent to the Admissions Office. A student copy of a transcript may be submitted with your application, but official transcripts are required upon admission.
Please submit all materials to: Admissions Office, 400 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230. All application materials submitted become part of an applicant’s file and cannot be returned.
Admission to the education department will be determined by a personal one-on-one interview with the Department Chair which allows the applicant the opportunity to share their particular interests and qualifications.
AULA and AUSB campuses, of a one-system university, offer mission consistent options that are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
|Quarter||International*/Priority** Application||Final Application***||Classes Begin|
|Winter 2020||Oct 21, 2019||Applications accepted until seats have been filled.||Jan 6, 2020|
|Spring 2020||Jan 21, 2020||Applications accepted until seats have been filled.||Apr 6, 2020|
|Summer 2020||April 27, 2020||Applications accepted until seats have been filled.||Jul 6, 2020|
|Fall 2020||July 24, 2020||Applications accepted until seats have been filled.||Oct 5, 2020|
*In addition to satisfying AULA’s admission requirements for a specific academic program, International Students have additional, general requirements that must be met for admission.
***All application requirements (all unofficial or official transcripts, admissions essay(s) or program specific requirements) must be submitted at the time of final application deadline.
|Education with Teaching Credential (MA)|
|Tuition per quarter|
|First Quarter (half-time)||$4,499|
|Second, Third and Fourth Quarter (full-time)||$7,498|
|Master's Quarters (half-time)||$4,499|
Please note: Additional fees for all AULA programs may include (but are not necessarily limited to) charges for materials, late registration, enrollment maintenance, parking, graduation, transcripts, tuition payment plan, late payments, late registration, and returned checks.
Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant Program (TEACH)
Through the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007, Congress created the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program that provides grants of up to $4,000 per year to students who intend to teach in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families. Contact the financial aid office for more information.
A majority of AULA students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants—are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AULA.
Antioch is a proud partner of the Progressive Education Network.
Antioch University Los Angeles Education program works with a number of Partner schools to place student and novice teachers.