- This event has passed.
Unconditional: A Guide to Loving and Supporting Your LGBTQ Child
October 30, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm PDT
- What to do if your LGBTQ child is being bullied at school
- The importance of extracurricular activities for middle and high school students
- How to advocate for your LGBTQ child in a variety of settings The unique concerns in LGBTQ teen dating/signs of healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Drug and alcohol risks and how to deal with them as a parent Coping with non-supportive or verbally abusive family members
- How siblings can support your LGBTQ child, how you can support siblings and the siblings’ relationship
ABOUT TELAINA ERIKSEN
Telaina’s parenting book, “Unconditional: A Guide to Loving and Supporting Your LGBTQ Child” is the winner of the sixth annual bisexual book award for nonfiction. Telaina graduated in 2009 from Antioch University Los Angeles with an MFA in creative writing. She is an assistant professor in the English Department at Michigan State University. She lives in East Lansing, Michigan with her husband Andrew and their 14-year-old Shetland Sheepdog. Telaina’s 22-year-old daughter Casandra is a journalism intern and graduated with her BA from Western Michigan University in 2018. Telaina’s 18-year-old son Matthew is a freshman at DePaul University in Chicago.