Campus Services Assistant
Department: Campus Services
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Location: Los Angeles
Classification Level: Non-union staff, non-exempt, Grade 13
Percentage of Effort: 100%
General Summary: The Campus Services Assistant reports to and works with the COO of Antioch University Los Angeles to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Campus Services Center office. The Campus Services Assistant assists with facility projects; assures that classrooms and public areas are set up properly for daily use; assists with special events and monitors repairs and equipment usage. The Campus Services Assistant has primary responsibility in assisting with the daily activities of the Campus Services Center, in conjunction with the other members of the Campus Services team. Activities will include mail distribution (outgoing and incoming); faculty, staff and student copying requests, faxing, sending and receiving FedEx, UPS and USPS packages, cashiering, monitoring and issuing parking validations for visitors and generating hard copies of computer documents for students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff the Campus Services Center during posted hours of operation.
- Provide services to all customers in a timely, professional, respectful manner,
- Problem solves and coordinates with other departments as needed to provide excellent, efficient service.
- Ensures that all outgoing mail is properly metered with the appropriate postage.
- Prioritizes copying and printing projects in a systematic, organized manner.
- Coordinates with vendors the service and maintenance of equipment.
- Contacts vendors regarding contracted repairs, as necessary.
- Takes inventory and tracks the use of supplies, letterhead and reports usage to the supervisor on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor that are appropriate to the position.
High School Diploma or equivalent and two years experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An organized person with an attention to detail;
- Ability to perform minor repairs of equipment and furnishings;
- Basic Windows computer skills, including MS Word and email skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision;
- Flexible schedule to accommodate heavy workload periods (e.g. evening and weekend hours sometimes required)
Hours of Employment: This is a full-time position. A 35-hour per week work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. Some evening hours weekends may be required.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary is DOE. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, prescription drug service, life insurance, and retirement plan. Employees are eligible to apply for tuition benefit after one year of employment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of business day Friday, July 20, 2018.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time. A background check is required for this position.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.