Reports to: Director of Admissions Recruitment
Location: Los Angeles
Classification Level: Non-exempt, Staff, Gr. 20
Percentage of Effort: 100%
GENERAL SUMMARY: Antioch University Los Angeles is a non-profit institution of higher learning that has proudly and consistently challenged educational conventions to inspire learning and leadership that promotes service to the community and positive social change. Under the supervision of the Director of Admissions Recruitment, the Admissions Recruiter is responsible for developing and implementing various outreach and recruitment efforts to help grow a pool of qualified candidates for AULA’s undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Duties require frequent travel, excellent communication skills, an ability to work independently and a sound knowledge of not-for-profit higher education recruitment practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under direction of Director of Admissions Recruitment, develop, coordinate and implement appropriate recruitment strategies and activities to grow AULA’s pool of potential students.
- Identify and assist in outreach efforts to build community relationships and to develop opportunities for student recruitment with external organizations.
- Develop recruitment initiatives to help raise awareness of AULA and various program offerings.
- Coordinate and implement recruitment activities on and off campus including, but not limited to, college transfer and graduate fairs, career fairs, college counselor luncheons, career center and/or advisor luncheons, on-site workshops, meetings with community agencies and educational groups.
- Conduct telemarketing and prospect management follow up of prospective students.
- Explain and interpret admissions policies and procedures to prospective students.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all degree programs, including admission and degree requirements, tuition costs and the financial aid application process.
- Maintain confidentiality about all personal student information.
- Advise potential international students regarding admission requirements, foreign student status concerns, and transcript evaluation agencies where appropriate.
- Work closely with potential students, faculty, community college administrators, college administrators, and various community and educational organizations to ensure Antioch Los Angeles’ public visibility and credibility to increase brand awareness.
- Coordinate and implement promotional events and recruitment activities independently.
- Coordinate scheduling of information sessions with Program Coordinators, Program Chairs, faculty, campus services and website coordinator.
- Co-host or host information sessions with faculty presenters.
- Input and maintain accurate records of potential students in the Admissions database.
- Actively follow up and correspond with prospective students to maintain interest in Antioch University by mail, e-mail, personal appointments or phone.
- Facilitate the accurate and efficient application of inquiries and matriculation of applicants.
- Provide additional statistics for the Director of Admissions Recruitment as needed for projection and strategic planning purposes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions that are appropriate to the position.
Measures of Success
The Admissions Recruiter will be measured regularly on metrics established in coordination with the Director of Admissions and VC Enrollment Management.
- Commitment and Service – An essential component for success involves the commitment to be available for prospective students and provide them with best-in-class service. This includes excellent anticipation and responsiveness to student questions, consistent work attendance and punctuality, and accessibility to student needs. We strive to provide outstanding service to our potential students with the highest level of integrity. Additionally, recruiters must be thorough in their follow up with prospective students and in response to assigned tasks and duties.
- Team Work – An integral part of the University and assists their peers and their supervisor in any areas, either proactively, or upon request. Teamwork is absolutely essential to ensure the high quality of service to our students.
- Product Knowledge – The team will be expected to have a deep understanding of the University academic curriculum, program offerings and understanding of the industry demands.
- Technical Acumen – Recruiters will have access to customer management software applications and need to demonstrate fluency in utilizing these applications. At Antioch University everything we do including our internal systems and processes and our admissions team embraces the opportunity to leverage leading technologies as well as propose solutions for how we can constantly improve our processes and University.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and 2 years’ experience relevant to the job responsibilities of this position, or, A.A. degree and 3 years related experience. In addition, this person must possess experience in higher education, including experience in recruitment and outreach, and social networking media.
- Strong sales record including consistently high conversion rates.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects while working in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to make public presentations.
- Strong organizational skills to work efficiently and independently.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population of students, including adult learners, transfer and international students, and students within the LGBT community.
- Understanding of sales and marketing as they relate to recruitment of adult students.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal student information.
- Computer skills including word processing and database experience.
- Experience with TargetX (Salesforce) and Datatel Colleague preferred, but not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently lift and/or move printed materials (up to 40 pounds) and move tables and chairs.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
Hours of employment: This is a full-time position. Under the Director of Admissions Recruitment, a work schedule is established each week according to outreach and recruitment commitments. Flexibility to work weekends and evening hours (after 7:00 pm) and ability to travel to a variety of off-site events and activities is required.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary is DOE. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, prescription drug service, life insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, and retirement plan. Employees are eligible to apply for a tuition benefit after one year of employment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.