Assistant Internship Coordinator
Hiring Department: Undergraduate Studies
Person Student Reports To: Rosa Garza-Mourina, MA
Average number of Work Hours Per Week: 20
Hourly Pay Rate: $14.00
Student May Have to Work: Days
Room Number: A2033
Telephone Number and extension: 310-578-1080 X223
Job Description and Any Special Skills:
Based on a cyclic quarterly work plan with specific weekly deadlines, the Assistant Internship Coordinator efficiently helps inspire, guide, maintain and monitor assigned intern-students placements, as well as key relationships with academic advisors, evaluators and internship sites. The Assistant Internship Coordinator also cultivates our program relationships with the Integrated Student Services office and Campus Services staff. Students undertaking this position will have the opportunity to develop, apply and hone their self-directed work competence and time management skills in a meaningful educational support role.
Keen attention to detail as well as tenacity to meet precise deadlines within approved number of FWS hours are key expectations embedded in this position.
- Sincere interest in the educational value of internship, field studies and service learning
- In-depth understanding of the goals, meaning and impact of students’ internship support processes
- Effective written, oral communication and phone skills
- Expedite email traffic management skills
- Efficient customer service approach to students, faculty, supervisors and internship sites, in person, email and phone.
- Nimble file keeping, database updating, document printing, and digitizing skills
- Confident command of Word and Excel software as well as Antioch google platforms
To apply for this position, send your resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org