Antioch University Alumni Engagement Coordinator
*Note-this is a Temporary part-time position
Summary of Duties
The Alumni Engagement Coordinator will assist the Director of Development and Alumni Relations in developing and implementing a wide range of institutional advancement initiatives and projects.
- Alumni newsletters and email blasts:
- Coordinate email blast to alumni – gather requests from staff and faculty, schedule emails, create content, gather images, build emails in iModules and Constant Contact, prepare distribution lists, and send emails.
- Coordinate university-wide and campus-specific alumni newsletters and monthly “Did You Know?” emails to alumni and donors. Write/edit and gather content, locate images, build emails in iModules and Constant Contact, prepared distribution lists, and send newsletters.
- Assist with GiveCampus crowdfunding campaigns and other online fundraising campaigns.
- Alumni website:
- Maintain alumni and donor sections of iModules site by creating and posting fresh content on a regular basis.
- Create alumni event pages and online event registration forms.
- Coordinate University Job Board postings and manage access requests from employers, alumni, and current students.
- Manage requests for log-in assistance.
- Alumni social media pages and groups:
- Create and manage alumni-specific pages and groups on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Develop social media strategies and campaigns to build participation and engage alumni and donors.
- Help organize events in various parts of the country.
- Conduct venue research and coordinate logistical arrangements with venues.
- Coordinate the design and mailing of printed promotional materials, and prepare name badges, registration lists and other printed items.
- Alumni resources and services:
- Assist with development of alumni trips and a full alumni trips program.
- Serve as liaison for, and assist with, the launch of an Antioch University online store.
- Coordinate development of a national discounts program for alumni.
- Assist with and/or coordinate other projects and tasks as requested by supervisor.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Qualified candidate will have at least 3 years of closely related experience in alumni relations, nonprofit communications/marketing, or a demonstrated skillset that is highly applicable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Traits
- Strong skills in web content management, web publishing, and email design and distribution. Experience using iModules or similar integrated online communications/engagement platform preferred.
- Demonstrated success creating social media initiatives.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually.
- Ambitious work ethic with a high level of action and productivity.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and across teams to effectively manage projects.
- Must be capable of working with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
Hours of Employment
This is a temporary part-time position located at the University’s Los Angeles campus. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the Director of Development and Alumni Relations.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classifications.
To apply, send coverletter, resume/CV and 3 references to:
Dir, Development & Alumn
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com