Clinical Training Coordinator
Position: Clinical Training Coordinator
Location: Antioch University Los Angeles, Culver City, CA
Reports To: Clinical Training Director
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt
The Clinical Training Coordinator reports to the Director of Clinical Training and works with the MA in Clinical Psychology Program at Antioch University Los Angeles to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Clinical Training Office (CTO). The Clinical Training Coordinator is responsible for managing the daily internal operations of the Clinical Training Office, especially as related to student service and advisement. The Clinical Training Coordinator position requires the ability to work independently, coordinate multiple tasks, and display a high degree of sensitivity to students and others contacting the Clinical Training Office. The position also requires organizational skills, computer skills, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Advise Student on Clinical Training Issues 35%
- Advises students on Clinical Training issues including
- Choosing and applying to a clinical training site
- Registration for clinical training
- Understanding the California Board of Behavioral Sciences statues and regulations, especially as related to trainee questions, etc.
- Assists students, faculty, staff, and community in understanding details of current Marriage and Family Therapy/Professional Clinical Counselor regulations and licensing procedures and in understanding Clinical Training Office processes
- Administrative Support 50%
- Works with Clinical Training Office Assistant to manage and update clinical training site files
- Manages the onboarding and maintenance process for the online clinical training evaluation database (forthcoming)
- Works with Clinical Training Director/Assistant Director with site approval and re-approval (i.e., annual update) process
- Works with Clinical Training Assistant Director to update clinical training hard-copy and online resources to maintain accuracy and currency of information
- Works with Clinical Training Assistant Director on Graduate Learning Evaluation procedures
- Respond promptly to students in-person, by email and telephone to answer requests for information and provide assistance with all clinical training issues
- Miscellaneous 15%
- Reviews students’ clinical training agreements, evaluations, permission to register forms, and prepares these for approval by Clinical Training Director
- Assists with quarterly academic registration as needed; serves as liaison with Office of Integrated Student Services on clinical training issues
- Works with Clinical Training Assistant Director to plan, organize and make presentations at quarterly CT orientations, meetings, events, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years prior experience which included providing administrative support and involved interaction with the public. Master’s degree and experience in a University setting preferred
- Proven success in conducting training/workshops and/or presentations to midsize groups
- Possess the organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, as well as Google products, including Gmail, Google Docs and Google Drive. Experience with academic registration database, FileMaker Pro software, database design and management is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position requires the knowledge, skills and ability to:
- Knowledge of MA in Clinical Psychology program and Clinical Training Office goals/objectives; working knowledge of other student services programs
- Knowledge of California Board of Behavioral Sciences statues and regulations, including 2019 law changes
- Effective time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and to collaborate in team efforts, self-driven and curious with the ability and interest in learning new skills and applying these skills to new projects
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently, analyze and interpret data, and make independent decisions in keeping with level of the position
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment, adapting to various situations
- Ability to deliver and prioritize excellent customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality; and to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Ability to solve problems effectively and exercise good judgment
Hours of employment:
This is a full-time position serving a national university with a 35 hour per week schedule. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor and may be negotiated; however, some evening and weekend hours must be included. For instance, one suggestion would be Monday-Thursday 12:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Antioch reserves the right to change the duties of this position at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Qualified applicants should send a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information for three references by email to email@example.com. The subject line should read: Clinical Training Coordinator