Antioch University LA Campus
Work Schedule: Hourly – full time – 40 hours
Supervisor: Associate Registrar
The Registrar Specialist is a member of the University Registrar’s team in supporting and implementing the daily registrar operations across University campuses. This role is responsible for adhering to best practices in creating, maintaining and producing an accurate student and academic record. While individual positions will assume primary responsibility for selected tasks and functions listed below, all specialists will be cross-trained on all tasks to provide back-up and support throughout the system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and update student record information including student status, admission provisions, restrictions, program assignment, and academic standing
- Manage assigned registration functions, wait-list, intra-university registration, priority and block registration, hold management and other tasks as assigned.
- Enter and update approved transfer credit
- Build, maintain, and update assigned course and program records to ensure consistency and proper functioning in Colleague, support campus-based section schedule building, review section schedules.
- Support development of University Catalog through collection, organization and verification of information and communication with campuses
- Monitor registration activity to maximize access and ensure accuracy in course selection and billing; assist with set-up and updates of web registration parameters
- Maintain and update degree audits, including substitutions and waivers, as directed by the Associate Registrar
- Support and manage assigned aspects of grading process, including updates to electronic narratives, grade verification, missing grade reporting and monitoring
- Assist with end-user training and faculty and student support for electronic narratives
- Manage communications management function through creation of messages, maintenance of codes, organizing a schedule of messaging, tracking and reporting.
- Process approved degree conferrals
- Manage the imaging of student files
- Provide support to campus-based Integrated Student Service functions
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Attention to detail; commitment to adhering to data entry standards
- High level of technical expertise in Colleague, ImageNow, Business Objects, as well as strong proficiency in Microsoft Office systems, especially Word and Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills; commitment to following up with initiators of a request, ability to manage multiple requests, motivation to meet or exceed stated deadlines, or to communicate reasons for delay
- Demonstration of initiative and problem-solving orientation
- Commitment to team-building, providing back-up as needed, willingness to learn new skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three years of experience in a higher education setting required; experience in a registrar’s office setting preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a full-time position. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time. A background check is required for this position.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
All applicants should include both a letter of interest and a resume in a Word document and email them to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org