As an incoming new student, we recommend that you connect with tools for career and professional development early and often to identify your values, interests, and skills.
Below are some ideas for jump starting your Career Action Plan.
- Meet with an Advisor to create your college resume and learn about AULA Student Career Resources.
- Login to MyCareerPlanner to complete your profile, select career interest areas, and view career management resources and job search links.
- Bookmark the Student Career Services website to stay updated on workshops, fairs and expos, programs, internships and job opportunities.
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Advisor via MyCareerPlanner to discuss your career interests and explore internship opportunities
- Visit the LibGuide AU Career Counseling and AULA Academic Catalog to understand how your choice of major will affect your job search.
- Gain clarity about your personality, career interests, and strengths by taking a career assessment.
- Create a LinkedIn profile to keep track of your college accomplishments and begin researching AULA alumni career paths by discipline.
- Follow AULA Career Services on Facebook to stay up-to-date on all programs, resources and opportunities.
Contact AULA Student Career Services Coordinator Ken Pienkos in the Library for an appointment to learn more.
Ken Pienkos, MSLS, MFA
310-578-1080 ext. 338