- Create your FSA (Federal Student Aid) ID via https://fsaid.ed.gov – Your FSA ID will serve as your electronic signature and provide you access to various Federal Financial Aid websites. Your FSA ID is used to sign legally binding documents electronically. It’s important to keep this information safe.
- Complete the 2018 – 2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) via www.fafsa.gov – The FAFSA must be completed each academic year in order to access Federal Student Aid. Use AUM’s School Code: 003010.
- Complete the Entrance Counseling (EC) and the Master Promissory Note (MPN) – If you plan to utilize student loans, you must complete both documents via www.studentloans.gov.
- The EC is a tutorial to familiarize you with Federal Student Loans, rights and responsibilities as a borrower, and how to manage your educational finances.
- The MPN is your agreement that if you take out any Federal Student Loans, you promise to pay them back and are aware of the consequences if you don’t.
Once you’ve been accepted to AUM, and you’ve completed these documents online, your file will be assigned to an AUM Counselor for review. If additional information is required, you will be contacted by your counselor. Please note that the review process may take up to 1-2 weeks upon submission of the documents listed above.
You may also review your Financial Aid Award Letter and view your Financial Information for any balances or tuition credits.
For additional inquiries, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 769-1883