Catalyst Cohort for Military Families
The Catalyst Cohort at Antioch University Midwest is a program that supports military families in translating their skills to private sector business, obtain a job commensurate with their skills, and earn an MBA in Change Leadership. The Catalyst Cohort at Antioch University Midwest was developed through a collaboration with Antioch University Midwest and The Catalyst Program.
The Catalyst Program will take place over 5 weeks during which the student will earn credit for 6 graduate credits in the MBA program, participate in a 120-hour transition program and collaborate with several businesses that are searching to fill positions in upper-level management or at the executive level.
Upon acceptance into The Catalyst Cohort at Antioch University Midwest the candidate will become a full-time student in an MBA program at Antioch University Midwest. This program is a 36 credit, non-graded, five-semester MBA program. As a full-time, student he/she will be able to access the technological and academic resources of Antioch University Midwest including the library and its online resources, the computer lab, and personalized advising.
- Foundations in Management and Change Leadership*
- Organizational Behavior
- Financial & Managerial Accounting*
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Values & Ethics
- The Practice of Managing and Leading Change in Human Resources
- Communication, Action Inquiry, & Behavioral Development
- Leadership, Identity, and Development
- Group and Team Development, Conflict, and Collaboration
- Critical Systems Thinking for 21st Century Change Agents
- Systemic Impact of Multicultural Competencies in Healthcare Administration
- The Healthcare Sector as a Complex System
- Health Insurance and Reimbursement
*Courses delivered during the 5-week Catalyst cohort
A 6-credit hour Capstone (thesis or practicum) is designed to address an area of research of specific interest. Each student with the assistance of their advisor selects and refines an area of focus for their capstone. Over the span of four residencies, students develop solutions to critical leadership issues faced by organizations, non-profits, and communities by applying learned strategic leadership and management principles.
Week 1 Mon-Friday AUM Campus
Week 2 M, Th, Fri AUM Campus ; Tu, Wed Employment Partners
Week 3 M, Th, Fri AUM Campus ; Tu, Wed Employment Partners
Week 4 Mon, Fri AUM Campus; Tu, Wed, Th Employment Partners
Week 5 Monday AUM Campus; Tu, Wed, Th, Fri, Employment Partners
Applicants for The Catalyst Program at Antioch University Midwest must meet an integrated set of criteria to address The Catalyst and AUM expectations. All applicants will be reviewed for acceptance, deferral, or non-acceptance by a joint committee of The Catalyst and AUM faculty and staff. It is encouraged that all applicants of The Catalyst Program at Antioch University Midwest, when admitted, are pursuing the full MBA degree, but is not guaranteed by The Catalyst.
- Complete the online admissions application for the Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
- Current resume
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Scores from GMAT or GRE are not required
- There are additional requirements for International applicants and applicants without a Bachelor’s degree
- Be available for 5 consecutive weeks to attend the Catalyst orientation and transition program at Antioch University Midwest in Ohio.
- Admission essays:
Please answer two of the three questions below in 300 words or less. Use the following format guidelines for both essays: 12-point font, double-spaced, 1″ margins, top right header: first and last name, “MBA”, and essay number.
- What personal experiences and/or characteristics make you a great candidate for our MBA Program?
- After having been a part of this MBA Program, and if you could control your destiny, how would you envision your life 5 to 10 years from your graduation?
- What do you see as the greatest challenge or challenges, facing people who strive to be leaders in today’s world?
- Submit official (unofficial will be accepted for initial review) transcripts from all colleges or universities where you earned a degree or certificate.
Official transcripts can be mailed or sent electronically:
By postal mail, send to:
Office of Admissions
Antioch University Midwest
900 Dayton Street
Yellow Springs, Ohio 45387
Electronic transcripts must be sent to the following email address:
All application materials submitted become part of an applicant’s file and cannot be returned.
Antioch University Midwest particularly seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to building a student population diverse in gender, ethnicity, age, class, physical abilities, learning styles, sexual orientation, professional backgrounds, and community experiences.
All applicants will be reviewed by an admissions committee that consists of AUM and The Catalyst faculty and staff. All candidates must meet entry requirements for graduate school.
As a Yellow Ribbon School, application fees are waived for military-connected students applying for this program
|Total Tuition Cost|
|Individualized Master of Arts||$830||42||$34,860|
|Master's of Business Administration with a concentration in Change Leadership||$696||36||$25,056|
|Master's of Business Administration with a concentration in Healthcare Leadership||$696||36||$25,056|
|Per Semester Unit|
|Graduate Students must be enrolled as a half-time or greater to receive financial aid.|
|2017-2018 MBA Program Fees|
|$50||Admissions Application Fee|
|$200||International Student Fee - Per Term|
|$475||Enrollment Maintenance Fee & Thesis/Project Completion Fee|
|$100||All Students - General Fee, (technology, electronic library, student activity)|
|$100||Late Registration Fee|
|$50||Return Check Fee|
Please note: Additional fees for all AUM programs may include (but are not necessarily limited to) charges for materials, late registration, enrollment maintenance, parking, graduation, transcripts, tuition payment plan, late payments, late registration, and returned checks.
A majority of AUM students finance their education through some form of financial aid. You may not be sure which federal, state, public and private aid packages – such as loans, scholarships, and grants—are right for you. Our staff is here to help you, so you can focus on what’s most important: beginning your academic program at AUM.
In order to graduate of the MBA program you must demonstrate competency in all of the following areas:
- Social Responsibility: Proficiency in synthesizing and applying foundational theory and practices in order to create a socially responsible company or non-profit organization.
- Financial Strategies: The skills to implement integrated strategies that will strengthen the financial sustainability of companies or non-profit organizations.
- Human Resource Development: Development of an organizational culture and the implementation of practices that support human well-being and the successful performance of the individual, team, unit, and organization.
- Systems Thinking: Use of analytic, strategic, and collaborative decision making and innovative problem solving in order to manage complex and changing organizational systems.
- Leading Change and Self-Development: Application of theories of change and leadership in order to guide businesses and organizations towards a socially responsible, successful, and sustainable bottom line. As a self-aware manager, he or she reflects upon areas for improvement and continues to evolve and develop the necessary interpersonal and intrapersonal skills to be an effective leader.
- Integrated Application of Organizational Skills: Synthesizing and applying knowledge, metrics, and skills to promote organizational success through the development of a comprehensive strategy and implementation plan.
- Global and Cultural Diversity: Awareness and appreciation of global and cultural diversity as part of an interconnected world and apply an understanding of the social, political, economic, and cultural context in order to lead an inclusive and equitable global company or non-profit organization.