Organizations experience constant change and require leaders to be trained to successfully meet these challenges. Enrolling in the Antioch University Midwest MBA program will provide you with a cohort from diverse professions and backgrounds. As a group, you will consider the ethics and values of organizations, the application of leadership principles, and the many tools used to build social enterprises, empower diverse cultures, and develop strategic management plans. The concentration in Change Leadership will take an in-depth investigation into the issues of team development, conflict management, and leadership identity.
This degree is offered by AU Midwest.
AUM’s MBA program offers students a schedule for completing your MBA while managing multiple life priorities. Our hybrid-delivery program is structured to balance rigorous study with busy professional and personal schedules. On-site classes are scheduled one weekend per semester, with online assignments and group projects between meetings on our beautiful Yellow Springs campus.
- No GMAT Required
- Lifestyle Flexibility – meet on campus one evening per week
- Cohort Model
- Low Residency program
- No application fee or deposit fee required
- No business experience required
The AUM MBA is a 24-month, 42-credit hour program. Our coursework covers topics such as:
- Foundations in Management and Change Leadership
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Topics in Values & Ethics
- Organizational Behavior
- The Practice of Managing and Leading Change in Human Resources
- Research Methods
- Communication, Action Inquiry, & Behavioral Development
- Professional Inquiry Seminar
- Professional Writing Seminar
- Professional Practice Seminar
- Group and Team Development, Conflict, and Collaboration
- Leadership Identity and Development
- Critical Systems Thinking for 21st Century Change Agents
A 6 credit hour Capstone (thesis or practicum) is designed to address an area of research of specific interest for each student. Each student with the assistance of their advisor selects a focus for their capstone and over the span of the four residencies, develops solutions to issues faced by organizations, non-profits, and communities by applying learned strategic leadership and management principles.
Sample Course Schedules:
View a sample course schedule for a student starting in a Fall semester.
The MBA Program is designed to accomplish the following learning outcomes so students graduate with demonstrable mastery in this field. As a graduate of our program you can expect to have competency in all of the following areas:
- Social Responsibility: Proficiency in synthesizing and applying foundational theory and practices in order to create a socially responsible company or non-profit organization.
- Financial Strategies: The skills to implement integrated strategies that will strengthen the financial sustainability of companies or non-profit organizations.
- Human Resource Development: Development of an organizational culture and the implementation of practices that support human well-being and the successful performance of the individual, team, unit, and organization.
- Systems Thinking: Use of analytic, strategic, and collaborative decision making and innovative problem-solving in order to manage complex and changing organizational systems.
- Leading Change and Self-Development: Application of theories of change and leadership in order to guide businesses and organizations towards a socially responsible, successful, and sustainable bottom line. As a self-aware manager, he or she reflects upon areas for improvement and continues to evolve and develop the necessary interpersonal and intrapersonal skills to be an effective leader.
- Integrated Application: Synthesizing and applying knowledge, metrics, and skills to promote organizational success through the development of a comprehensive strategy and implementation plan.
- Global and Cultural Diversity: Awareness and appreciation of global and cultural diversity as part of an interconnected world and can apply an understanding of the social, political, economic, and cultural context in order to lead an inclusive and equitable global company or non-profit organization.
There are no upcoming events at this time.