Through a partnership with Premier Health, Antioch University Midwest will be offering classes in its MBA program at Miami Valley Hospital South for Premier employees. Classes will take place one night per week.
Antioch University Midwest’s Master in Business Administration offers a distinctive graduate education that prepares students at any stage in their professional development to be principled managers and leaders in their respective fields of practice. The curriculum is designed to promote the integral thinking required to understand, manage, and lead change in a constantly shifting, globally oriented world. The program is trans-disciplinary and accepts professionals from a wide range of fields and in a variety of positions engaged in private, public, and entrepreneurial work. Participants will be exposed to all elements of management and leading change, including theoretical perspectives, conflict, ethics, decision-making, resilience, policy issues, and sustainability.
- Classes will be offered to Premier Health employees at the Miami Valley Hospital South in Centerville, OH
- Lifestyle Flexibility – meet one evening per week
- Begins in late Summer/early Fall – Apply now!
- No GMAT Required
- No business experience required
- Completion in as little as 18 months
- Potential to transfer up to 6 graduate hours credit hours into degree program
- Foundations in Management and Change Leadership
- Organizational Behavior
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Values & Ethics
- The Practice of Managing and Leading Change in Human Resources
- Communication, Action Inquiry, & Behavioral Development
- Leadership, Identity, and Development
- Group and Team Development, Conflict, and Collaboration
- Critical Systems Thinking for 21st Century Change Agents
- Systemic Impact of Multicultural Competencies in Healthcare Administration
- The Healthcare Sector as a Complex System
- Health Insurance and Reimbursement
A 6-credit hour Capstone (thesis or practicum) is designed to address an area of research of specific interest. Each student with the assistance of their advisor selects and refines an area of focus for their capstone.
Graduates of the MBA program demonstrate competency in all of the following areas:
- Social Responsibility: Proficiency in synthesizing and applying foundational theory and practices in order to create a socially responsible company or non-profit organization.
- Financial Strategies: The skills to implement integrated strategies that will strengthen the financial sustainability of companies or non-profit organizations.
- Human Resource Development: Development of an organizational culture and the implementation of practices that support human well-being and the successful performance of the individual, team, unit, and organization.
- Systems Thinking: Use of analytic, strategic, and collaborative decision making and innovative problem solving in order to manage complex and changing organizational systems.
- Leading Change and Self-Development: Application of theories of change and leadership in order to guide businesses and organizations towards a socially responsible, successful, and sustainable bottom line. As a self-aware manager, he or she reflects upon areas for improvement and continues to evolve and develop the necessary interpersonal and intrapersonal skills to be an effective leader.
- Integrated Application of Organizational Skills: Synthesizing and applying knowledge, metrics, and skills to promote organizational success through the development of a comprehensive strategy and implementation plan.
- Global and Cultural Diversity: Awareness and appreciation of global and cultural diversity as part of an interconnected world and apply an understanding of the social, political, economic, and cultural context in order to lead an inclusive and equitable global company or non-profit organization.