Our Intervention Specialist, Moderate to Intensive endorsement will help you expand your teaching capabilities to help those with specific learning disabilities. This empowering endorsement helps you foster a more inclusive classroom where everyone, regardless of learning ability, has a fair educational experience taught by a dedicated and trained educator. Expand upon your current planning, teaching, and managing skills to make an impact in special education settings that are inclusive, pullout, or self-contained.
This program prepares teacher candidates to work with students who have specialized needs in moderate to intensive disability categories, such as Severe Intellectual Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Severe Emotional or Behavioral Disorders, and Multiple Disabilities.
This program features:
- 9-credit hour program can only take one semester for program completion
- Candidates complete Focused Field Observations connected to coursework
- Classes held in the evenings, twice a week
- Cohort model
Required Courses (9 credits):
- Alternative Assessment for Students with Moderate to Intensive Needs
- Instructional Methods for Students with Moderate to Intensive Needs
- Behavior Management for Students with Moderate to Intensive Needs
The Moderate to Intensive Intervention Specialist license qualifies you to work with students who have challenging behavioral, emotional, and academic learning needs, supporting students with disability categories such as Severe Intellectual Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Severe Emotional or Behavioral Disorders, and Multiple Disabilities. Moderate to Intensive Intervention Specialists have abundant future employment opportunities in K-12 schools, county programs, and private facilities.