We are no longer offering this on-campus program at AU Midwest. We invite experienced educators to explore our online MEd for Experienced Educators options offered by our New England campus. View a complete list of all Education certificates, undergraduate and graduate degrees offered by Antioch University.
This degree is offered by AU Midwest.
The Master of Education in Educational Leadership with Professional Concentration is an advanced degree for professional educators and administrators that allows you to tailor a degree program for your career. This degree program emphasizes practical knowledge and leadership skills. Program instruction is delivered by dedicated and experienced faculty who make the real world connections between theory and practice.
Earning your master’s degree in education could be one of the best career decisions you’ll ever make. Why?
- The higher your degree, the higher your earning potential.
- You’ll be positioned to pursue and transition into leadership, research or policy positions.
- Adding this degree will increase the depth and breadth of the education you received in your bachelor’s degree studies.
Students taking coursework in the concentration areas can obtain a master’s degree in education with limited additional coursework. The coursework emphasizes working within the individual classroom and the entire school community to build leadership capacity to understand, and ethically apply, scientifically based educational research.
Each candidate’s transcripts will be evaluated and the Masters candidate may need as few as four courses outside of the area of concentration to complete their degree.
Program Completion Requirements
- Second License Candidates Only
- Must hold a current Ohio teaching license.
- Must apply for second license to be eligible for master’s degree.
- Successfully complete all required coursework.
- Complete and document required focused field hours.
- Pass required state licensure test/s at or above the minimum level established by the Ohio Department of Education (if applicable).
- Pay all financial debts to Antioch University.
Note: Candidates have seven years from the date of initial entry to complete the program.
Note: The above processes are still subject to final approval of the student as a candidate for principal licensure and do not automatically result in a recommendation.
For detailed curriculum, degree requirements, and course descriptions, please visit the AUM catalog.
Students who complete this program can find work as a:
- Academic Coach
- Teacher Team Leader
- Building Representative for District-wide Curriculum/Leadership Committees