We are no longer offering this on-campus program at AU Midwest. We invite experienced educators to explore our online MEd for Experienced Educators options offered by our New England campus. View a complete list of all Education certificates, undergraduate and graduate degrees offered by Antioch University.
As educators, we value being lifelong learners, constantly adjusting our teaching techniques to adhere to the latest best practices. If you work within an education related organization, you can be a catalyst of change for your colleagues, supporting them in refining their instructional and administrative techniques. Help build your school’s community, assess and coach effective classroom skills, and use a systems approach to curriculum and instruction.
This degree is offered by AU Midwest.
The Educational Leadership with professional concentration in Coaching and Mentoring is designed for professionals who currently work in or with education related organizations.
Required Courses (30 credits):
- Organizational Structures
- Current Theories and Practices in Assessment
- Current Instructional Practices in Content Area
- Research for School Improvement
- Ethical Issues in Education Administration
- Visionary School Restructuring
- Conflict Resolution and Consensus Building
- School and Community Relations
- Coaching and Mentoring Practicum
For detailed curriculum, degree requirements, and course descriptions, please visit the AUM catalog.
Upon completion of this degree, students are qualified as a:
- Academic Coach
- Teacher Team Leader
- Department Chair in P-12 School