Reading is an essential skill not only for a strong academic career, but a successful life. Our MEd in Educational Leadership with Professional Concentration, Reading License Endorsement (RLE) Grades PK-12 provides you with the advanced training necessary to allow you to be an effective educator when assisting in the development of student’s reading capabilities. In addition to this highly specialized skill, you will gain expertise in overseeing reading curriculum, diagnosing reading difficulties, and supervising non-professional reading staff.
Antioch University Midwest offers candidates the opportunity to earn a master’s degree in education with a concentration in an area of professional interest. The M.Ed. with Professional Concentration is a course-based program aimed at meeting the needs of currently employed teachers, administrators and others interested in building their leadership skills. It is designed for candidates with an earned baccalaureate or professional degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Successfully complete all required coursework.
- Complete and document required focused field hours.
- Pass required state licensure test/s at or above the minimum level established by the Ohio Department of Education (if applicable).
- Pay all financial debts to Antioch University.
For detailed curriculum, degree requirements, and course descriptions, please visit the AUM catalog.
Upon successful completion of this program, students can find work as a:
- Classroom teacher
- Reading teacher
- Reading support
- Foundational Knowledge: Candidates understand the theoretical and evidence-based foundations of reading and writing processes and instruction.
- Curriculum and Instruction: Candidates use instructional approaches, materials, and an integrated, comprehensive, balanced curriculum to support student learning in reading and writing.
- Assessment and Evaluation: Candidates use a variety of assessment tools and practices to plan and evaluate effective reading and writing instruction.
- Diversity: Candidates create and engage their students in literacy practices that develop awareness, understanding, respect, and a valuing of differences in our society.
- MEd in Education, Intervention Specialist, Mild to Moderate or Moderate to Intensive
- MEd in Educational Leadership with Professional Concentration, Coaching and Mentoring
- MEd in Educational Leadership with Professional Concentration, Dyslexia Studies
- MEd in Educational Leadership with Professional Concentration, Ohio Principal Licensure
- MEd in Educational Leadership with Professional Concentration, Reggio Emilia Approach (REA)
- MEd in Educational Leadership with Professional Concentration, Trauma Informed Education