Two positions available.
Current open shifts: Mondays 10am-4pm, Tuesdays & Thursdays 5pm-9pm, and Fridays 10am-5pm.
This position assists the Library’s activities by providing frontline circulation and some reference support to library patrons, including OhioLINK processing. Responsible for opening and closing library; position includes evening and/or weekend hours. Position involves some handling of money (library fine payments).
- Assist Librarian as requested.
- Help supervise Interlibrary Loan (OhioLINK); process incoming items, process requests, receiving fine payments, etc.
- Serve patrons at Circulation Desk including assist in finding items using online library catalog and OhioLINK article databases, referring to Librarian as needed.
- Open and close library
- Shelve books as needed.
- Shelf-read / maintain stacks.
- Perform customer service functions: answering phones, transferring calls, monitoring and replying to library email service, etc.
- Database entry / word processing as needed and requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral communication skills, articulate, engaging interpersonal skills with library patrons.
- Strong computer (PC and Mac) skills.
- Comfortable with MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT).
- Facilitate teamwork among staff, ability to work in a confidential and self-directed manner.
- Sense of humor.
- Must be punctual and reliable; detail-oriented.
- Web research and writing ability.
- Library experience preferred.
- Ability to work without much direct supervision: self-directed.
- Flexible hours; able to potentially cover hours on an as-needed basis.
- Evening and/or weekend hour work required.
How to Apply: